ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Non-Windows Software

Pale Moon browser now available on Android

<< < (2/3) > >>

cyberdiva:
As per the subject title: Pale Moon on Google Play
-4wd (February 28, 2015, 04:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks very much, 4wd, for posting about the new Android version of Pale Moon.  I just tried it, and I was quite impressed.  Most of the browsers I've tried (on both my Nexus 7 tablet and my smartphone) often don't format the web pages well.  To my surprise, Pale Moon does a very good job.  It may turn out to have problems I haven't yet discovered, but at least for now, it has become my browser of choice on both tablet and phone.  :up:

Innuendo:
Can you say a bit more about what you're not liking?  And, for that matter, what you do like?
-cyberdiva (March 01, 2015, 12:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry. I can be a bit cryptic sometimes. Okay, all the time. :)

As for the browser itself, it's a solid performer. It's only when I started trying to add addons/extensions to duplicate the functionality I get with Dolphin that things got a little wonky with configuration UIs misbehaving or not being visible at all.

So....my grumpiness involves addons/extensions and not Pale Moon itself.

cyberdiva:
Thanks, Innuendo, for your response.  No problem about being a bit cryptic--someone with the screenname Innuendo is by definition likely to be a bit cryptic, no?

I've never tried UC browser, but I like Dolphin and have it on my tablet.  One of my main issues is how the browser formats the websites, and though Dolphin does a good job, I think Pale Moon's renditions are even more to my liking, at least, in the default state.  Since I use relatively little in the way of add-ons, etc. on my Android browsers, I can't really compare Dolphin and Pale Moon.  They both permit me to use Last Pass, which is important to me.  Pale Moon offers a save to PDF option that I haven't found in Dolphin, but I haven't looked exhaustively.  I don't have all that many requirements of Android browsers.  The one add-on I'd add in a heartbeat (and pay $ for) if it were available is Lazarus, which I have on both Firefox and Pale Moon on my Windows computers.  But as far as I know, Lazarus is only available for Windows.

Innuendo:
Thanks, Innuendo, for your response.  No problem about being a bit cryptic--someone with the screenname Innuendo is by definition likely to be a bit cryptic, no?-cyberdiva (March 07, 2015, 12:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

As time goes on I find that I'm slowly turning into one of those absent-minded professors one used to see in older movies. I will spout off (usually) insightful comments, but they are cryptic to everyone but me while I obliviously work on whatever project I am preoccupied with...blind to the surroundings and people around me.

Innuendo:
Well, that's that. Pale Moon for Android has been discontinued.

I blame 4wd. Development was going great until he started this thread.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version