ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Leonard Nimoy, Dead at 83

<< < (3/3)

app103:
While some have to do it, I think that many want to do it.  Or, their needs have inflated because of the money that they made in their prime, and now that they aren't, they trade on their heyday.
-wraith808 (March 06, 2015, 05:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Twiddling your thumbs gets boring after awhile.

Some people can't sit still and need to always be doing something (like me). And it's reasonable to assume that it's the same with entertainers & athletes. Those that try to do something constructive with their free time, like photography, running a pet store or real estate agency are far better off than those that get themselves in trouble by filling their free time with things like partying, drugs, or booze.

Besides, all professional athletes know they are just 1 major injury away from ending their career. Some (the smart ones) actually make a Plan B to fall back on, just in case. (What's Bo Jackson doing these days?)

xtabber:
He was a man of many talents.
-Innuendo (March 06, 2015, 04:55 PM)
--- End quote ---
And a quirky sense of humor, as evidenced in his photography.

I heard him speak at the opening of the exhibition of "Secret Selves" at the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art in 2010.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version