ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Leonard Nimoy, Dead at 83

<< < (2/3) > >>

wraith808:
Right in the feels...

Innuendo:
He was a man of many talents. He also opened an exotic pet shop in 1969 after his run on Star Trek. Its name? Leonard Nimoy's Pet Pad, of course!  ;D

http://www.rowsdowr.com/2013/03/07/leonard-nimoys-pet-pad-exotic-pet-shop-he-opened-in-1969/

MilesAhead:
He was a man of many talents. He also opened an exotic pet shop in 1969 after his run on Star Trek. Its name? Leonard Nimoy's Pet Pad, of course!  ;D

http://www.rowsdowr.com/2013/03/07/leonard-nimoys-pet-pad-exotic-pet-shop-he-opened-in-1969/
-Innuendo (March 06, 2015, 04:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's weird what some famous people have to do to make a buck.  When I was in high school the Celtics Player John Havlicek was my role model.  8 rings and still Celtics all time leading scorer.  I'm told he had a real estate agency all along.  Former Patriots quarterback Steve Grogan has a sporing goods store.

I'm sure Nimoy got some big paydays from the movies though.  At least I hope so.

wraith808:
While some have to do it, I think that many want to do it.  Or, their needs have inflated because of the money that they made in their prime, and now that they aren't, they trade on their heyday.

MilesAhead:
While some have to do it, I think that many want to do it.  Or, their needs have inflated because of the money that they made in their prime, and now that they aren't, they trade on their heyday.
-wraith808 (March 06, 2015, 05:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

With the NBA schedule I doubt if Havlicek showed any houses personally.  Perhaps on very big deals in the off season.  But he did this while a Celtic.  I guess they didn't pay the non super stars much back then.  He played more minutes than anyone when he was on the roster but had to have a side job.  It just seems funny.  Now the top  players get paid even if they are injured and can't play.  Back in the Bill Russell era most games weren't sold out.  At some point I guess it became fashionable for companies to buy up seasons tickets.  A regular schmuck like me couldn't attend anymore.  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version