topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:59 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: SOLVED: Automatic border selection cutting into window  (Read 2319 times)

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
SOLVED: Automatic border selection cutting into window
« on: February 25, 2015, 05:11 PM »
I was trying to capture a window using the fullscreen capture, relying on the automatic border selection so I could just press the crop button and have an image of just the window. But I was running into a problem where the automatic border selection was cutting into the edges of the window, erasing some of the image I wanted to keep when I pressed the crop button.

2015-02-25_1544.pngSOLVED: Automatic border selection cutting into window

This was annoying because it meant I had to manually grab the borders of the selection in order for it to become a rectangle. But I looked in the SC settings and found a few solutions.

The first solution I found was in Window Capturing 1. I just enabled the box that said "Restrict this operation to a rectangular region" which worked fine for my purposes:

2015-02-25_1551.pngSOLVED: Automatic border selection cutting into window

Even though the above solution worked just fine for me, in the end, I decided that at the moment I didn't need to be capturing any of the Aero Glass effects. So I unchecked that in Window Capturing 1 and also unchecked the option to "Try to detect (active) window transparent/rounded borders using dark backgrounds" (which was probably the root of the problem) in the Window Capturing 2 section.

Now capturing is working very well:

2015-02-25_1550.pngSOLVED: Automatic border selection cutting into window

Just thought I'd post about it here in case anyone else has a similar problem and needs help with a solution. :Thmbsup:

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: SOLVED: Automatic border selection cutting into window
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 04:10 AM »
I have seen that occasionally -
must check my settings

thanks Deo :)
Tom