ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Long left click as Right Click

<< < (2/3) > >>

c.gingerich:
Works great apart from one thing. It doesn't work on the address bar of chrome, IE, or a windows explorer window. After I highlight text and long left click, when it does the right click, it just deselected the text. Anyway to fix that? If not, that's fine it seems to work great everywhere else!!

EDIT: Doesn't seem to work on the desktop all the time. It worked once (i think) and now does not.

Thanks!

4wd:
It doesn't work on the address bar of chrome, IE, or a windows explorer window. After I highlight text and long left click, when it does the right click, it just deselected the text. Anyway to fix that? If not, that's fine it seems to work great everywhere else!!-c.gingerich (March 02, 2015, 07:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have an idea about how to get around the problem, it means interrupting Windows mouse button handling completely and only passing through clicks and not holds, where that's going to be a problem is things like dragging windows around.  Unless I start putting in some form handling dependent on window class.

I'll see what kind of kludge I can mangle in - not sure how successful that'll be as they seem to use their own custom handlers for that area these days.  Pale Moon seems to work OK even though the text get deselected the primary click seems to be delayed just enough that it works.

EDIT: Doesn't seem to work on the desktop all the time. It worked once (i think) and now does not.
--- End quote ---

Interesting, I can't get it to not work on the Desktop - if I'm a little slow in drag selecting, (anywhere), I get the context menu instead.

I think this is also going to be dependent on your mouse settings in Control Panel, eg. ClickLock won't work anymore probably unless I find out some way of determining whether it's enabled or not.  Not even sure what'll happen if you have Single click to open enabled.

Maybe I should just post the code and let you figure it all out  ;) ;D

c.gingerich:
Ok thanks for making it! I'll take a look and see if I can figure it out.... I am also running Stardock Fences so not sure if that would mess with it also.

EDIT: It was Fences that was causing it not to work on the desktop. Uninstalled it and it works great now.

4wd:
The more I thought about the more it would seem like you'd need to practically install another handler which would cater for all conditions, (ClickLock, other program handlers, etc) ... and my brain can't cope with that :)

However, the Chrome, IE, and Explorer should be doable by checking for the window class under the mouse at the time of clicking and subverting the normal mouse handling for the timeout period.
ie. Instead of allowing the click to happen immediately the button is pressed, delay it until the button is released for periods less than the timeout.  For periods longer than the timeout, block the primary click and send a secondary click.

You could probably make it window configurable by adding window class entries to the ini.

The current code (which includes lots of comments, something that's totally against my normal modus operandi :) ):

See above.

Archive contains everything required to build, (except MouseOnEvent UDF) - download from here MouseOnEvent UDF.

c.gingerich:
Cool thanks a lot for the help and code! I'll be taking a look to see if I can tweak it a a bit, but works great for the most part.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version