ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Screenshot Captor used as solution to SuperUser.com question

(1/1)

Twinbee:
Just like to thank the author of Screenshot Captor, as it's the only tool I've found so far which captures a window which overlaps the screen's resolution (I needed to grab a 6000x4000 pixel window!). Amazing tool, and something I could have only expected from DonationCoder.

On Superuser.com, the bounty-winning answer (awarded by me) used Screenshot Captor as part of the solution: http://superuser.com/questions/295938/how-to-take-a-screenshot-of-a-window-larger-than-the-screen

tomos:
Confused here... You say:
'no scrolling bars in the window I wanted to capture' - so how does SC get the screenshot?
Does it move the window around?
or can it actually take a screenshot of stuff that is not visible on the screen :tellme:

mouser:
Awesome, thanks for sharing that Twinbee! And thanks for taking the time to tell people what worked for you.  It's because of posts like yours that people discover our software  :up:

Tomos, I'm not sure exactly what Twinbee was referring to, however with the new "manual" scrolling capture option, SC can stitch together horizontal and vertical content that is not traditionally scrolled.

Twinbee:
For curiosity's sake, the window I captured was a plain window created by an old C program I created that used SDL for the graphics. No widgets or anything, just a giant graphic inside a 6000x4000 window frame. The render gradually fills the window pixel by pixel over a period of days.

Suffice to say, there's no way the window would fit on a standard 1920x1080 desktop!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version