topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 3:07 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Simple auto-saving text editor for mercurial commits  (Read 3581 times)

cthorpe

• Discount Coordinator
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • c++thorpe
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Simple auto-saving text editor for mercurial commits
« on: July 21, 2015, 10:57 AM »
I am looking for a simple text editor that auto-saves and closes with a single hotkey combination.

I want to hook this editor to mercurial so whenever I do a commit the editor pops up, I can type my commit message, and then I can hit Ctrl+Enter (or something like that) to auto-save and close the editor to complete the commit.

Ideally, the editor would have word-wrap, the ability to use the mouse to select text, and copy/cut/paste functionality.

I know you can put your commit message into the command line, but I tend to write lengthy commits, so I would prefer to be in a text editor of some kind.

Edit: I'm looking for this in Windows

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Simple auto-saving text editor for mercurial commits
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 12:50 PM »
Where do you want this editor to hook into?  I'm not understanding the use case totally.

You have a mercurial client (and/or are using the commandline), and you want the text to be inserted in there after you close it?  Sort of like something that pops up at will linked to the current window and will save the text there?

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member