ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

remote control of pc via android phone

<< < (4/7) > >>

rgdot:
Have now discovered Fing, thanks 4wd   :up:

4wd:
Have now discovered Fing, thanks 4wd   :up:-rgdot (February 19, 2015, 08:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're welcome ... but you could have had the benefit of it for almost 4 years  ;)

Deozaan:
This doesn't address the WOL aspect of your desires, but FWIW, I used to use TeamViewer to remote to my PC with pretty good results. But I've since moved on to Chrome Remote Desktop (by Google). It suits my needs a lot better, especially since I got a BT keyboard for my Android device for when I'm really trying to accomplish something remotely (as opposed to e.g., just copying a file into a shared folder so it will sync with my phone/tablet).

Of course, it requires you install Chrome and the Chrome Remote Desktop extension on your PC. I'd recommend it. :Thmbsup:

(And I still keep TeamViewer installed as a backup in the rare cases where CRD somehow fails to meet my needs.)

kalos:
guys can you describe please the steps to take to have access to my laptop from my android phone?

I downloaded the microsoft android app, but what's next?

it asks me to input some ip etc

do I have to install something on my laptop?

thanks!

Deozaan:
If you use TeamViewer you'll need:

On your PC:
TeamViewer -- I got the All-in-One version

On your Android:
TeamViewer

Then just sign into your account on both devices and you should be able to access your laptop without needing to know any IP address or anything.

For Chrome Remote Desktop, you'll need:

On your PC:
Chrome
Chrome Remote Desktop

On your Android:
Chrome Remote Desktop

You'll need to configure the CRD extension on your PC and assign your PC a name and PIN. After that, you should be able to access it from your Android using the PIN without needing an IP or anything.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version