ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Reliable Web Hosting for $5 or less?

(1/4) > >>

MilesAhead:
OK so I bought a domain name.  I had a good reliable Web Hosting on JaguarPC but instead of continuing to discount their prices they seem to be headed upward.  I don't really want to spend $9+/mo just to give away software.  But I want a commercial account to ensure I have control.

Anyone know of Web Hosting for $4 or $5 a month?  I don't need the shopping cart and all the rest.  Just unlimited download bandwidth, an included email account for support, and the ability to post a donate button. I don't see a need for more than 3 pages and I can squeeze it all into a one page list if necessary.  I guess the main idea is I don't want to kill myself with bells, whistles and wallpaper just to give stuff away.  I'll probably use a list generator with short descriptions for each utility.

An outfit known for up time and no shenanigans would be great.  :)

eleman:
I host my blog with these guys, for 6 years now. I'm happy with them, and the price of 12 dollars a year is really as cheap as it gets.

Yes, there's a huge difference between 99.999% uptime guarantee and 99.9%. But come on, 1 dollar per month.

Gwen7:
-eleman: i don't think the people you like will let you distribute software from a shared server account. you couldn't last time i looked at their policy when i was shopping for a host. you needed to make special arrangements with them to do that. but maybe they allow it now? :-)

Jibz:
Looks like that's still the case:

http://www.hostso.com/policies_tos_agreements.php

Software Distribution
HostSo's shared Web Hosting accounts are not to be used for the purposes of distributing software and multimedia products. If you wish to distribute software and/or multimedia files, please contact <email address removed> for a special arrangement.
--- End quote ---

eleman:
-eleman: i don't think the people you like will let you distribute software from a shared server account. you couldn't last time i looked at their policy when i was shopping for a host. you needed to make special arrangements with them to do that. but maybe they allow it now? :-)
-Gwen7 (February 16, 2015, 01:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Uhh I didn't really think of that scenario. Yeah, it looks like a "special arrangement" is needed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version