ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Win7 update loop

<< < (3/3)

dr_andus:
This way you keep Windows updated  :up: despite the one bugger.
-Curt (February 14, 2015, 03:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've done this (I'm on XP), but KB3013455 keeps reinstalling itself, making the font in FF and Chrome all blurry. Can I stop this update from installing some other way, without disabling the auto update? (The update is being triggered by Cacheman somehow anyway, since MS is not supporting XP any longer.)

---

P.S. I changed it to "Download updates, but let me choose when" option for now. Let's see, maybe this will stop it from installing automatically every time, despite the fact that I unticked the box.

dr_andus:
This way you keep Windows updated  :up: despite the one bugger.
-Curt (February 14, 2015, 03:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've done this (I'm on XP), but KB3013455 keeps reinstalling itself, making the font in FF and Chrome all blurry. Can I stop this update from installing some other way, without disabling the auto update? (The update is being triggered by Cacheman somehow anyway, since MS is not supporting XP any longer.)

---

P.S. I changed it to "Download updates, but let me choose when" option for now. Let's see, maybe this will stop it from installing automatically every time, despite the fact that I unticked the box.
-dr_andus (February 20, 2015, 06:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

P.P.S. OK, I see. this now brought up a dialog box "Hide Updates" and "don't notify me about them." Maybe that was the step I missed before.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version