ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Hackers can use RFID readers to steal payment card numbers

<< < (2/3) > >>

Renegade:
@Ren - What browser "works" for the pants crapping exorcise?
-Stoic Joker (February 14, 2015, 07:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

In Opera and Chrome there is no source.

I checked in IE, and it's there.

It's freaky though. How does he manage to do that?

My guess is he's doing some bizarre stuff with headers, but I have no idea what.

Stoic Joker:
That's weird, I'm using IE11 and it's still blank for me ... Maybe you broke yours.. :D

Renegade:
Huh? I have IE 11 and I can see the source.

4wd:
IE11 (Developer Tools):

It ain't very exciting, certainly nothing to soil your pants over.

Pale Moon (Web Developer->Inspector):

Comodo Dragon (Tools->Developer Tools):

BTW, what does a minimal HTML page have to do with RFID?

And, like Deo said, this has been a known "feature" of RFID for the last decade.

From the RFID Journal in 2004 <- Google's reporting the date as Aug 1, 2004:
UHF tags-the kind used on pallets and cases of goods in the supply chain-have a read range of 20 to 30 feet under ideal conditions. If the tags are attached to products with water or metal, the read range can be significantly less. If the size of the UHF antenna is reduced, that will also dramatically reduce the read range. Increasing the power output could increase the range, but most governments restrict the output of readers so that they don't interfere with other RF devices, such as cordless phones.
--- End quote ---

The HF tags you've mentioned in your OP should have a greater range due to longer wavelength.

Renegade:
It ain't very exciting, certainly nothing to soil your pants over.
-4wd (February 15, 2015, 03:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

No no no! You're missing it.

Do this:

Create a blank text file, type "anything" in it, save it as anything.html, then open it and check the DOM again. You'll see that the DOM is there, even though you only typed "anything". Now, do a view source and you'll see "anything", but no head or body or html tags.

What's funky here is that view source shows nothing, but the document says, "Boo!" Which, is kind of spooky as the site hosts security material, and that's the home page.

For the OP, I was trying to point out just how backwards and out of touch the article was. It just took me by surprise seeing it, and then again, I thought about how very few people are aware of this -- present company excluded, of course.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version