ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Hackers can use RFID readers to steal payment card numbers

<< < (3/3)

4wd:
Create a blank text file, type "anything" in it, save it as anything.html, then open it and check the DOM again. You'll see that the DOM is there, even though you only typed "anything". Now, do a view source and you'll see "anything", but no head or body or html tags. -Renegade (February 15, 2015, 04:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Isn't that just the browsers reinterpreting the source due to the extension?

For example, if you then change the extension to .txt you'll find that the DOM wraps it in <PRE> ... </PRE> tags as well as HTML/BODY.

Renegade:
Create a blank text file, type "anything" in it, save it as anything.html, then open it and check the DOM again. You'll see that the DOM is there, even though you only typed "anything". Now, do a view source and you'll see "anything", but no head or body or html tags. -Renegade (February 15, 2015, 04:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Isn't that just the browsers reinterpreting the source due to the extension?

For example, if you then change the extension to .txt you'll find that the DOM wraps it in <PRE> ... </PRE> tags as well as HTML/BODY.
-4wd (February 15, 2015, 04:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

For the "inspect element" bit, yes. It's just a part of error correction, and relates to the display, but doesn't relate to the actual document in a literal sense.

Stoic Joker:
Create a blank text file, type "anything" in it, save it as anything.html, then open it and check the DOM again. You'll see that the DOM is there, even though you only typed "anything". Now, do a view source and you'll see "anything", but no head or body or html tags-Renegade (February 15, 2015, 04:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Behavior was the same as the external 'Boo!' page...the head/body tags were there.

O_o Okay, Digging in a level.. I fired up my copy of the Fiddler Web Debugger (really cool freeware), and let it run while requesting the page so it would record (and display) the entire exchange.

...and it shows nothing really exciting happening; basic request; basic response; no cookies; total replied content=boo!

Given the pitch, I was expecting it to tell me what I had for breakfast yesterday morning ... But no matter how I view the source, it just says boo!

What's funky here is that view source shows nothing, but the document says, "Boo!" Which, is kind of spooky as the site hosts security material, and that's the home page.-Renegade (February 15, 2015, 04:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Looks more to me like the site's home page is actually at http://www.tombom.co.uk/blog and the (url masking/) root level redirector is broken. They're specialty is after all hardware hacking it appears, and as we all know (sh)IT Happens. :D

Renegade:
...and it shows nothing really exciting happening; basic request; basic response; no cookies; total replied content=boo!

Given the pitch, I was expecting it to tell me what I had for breakfast yesterday morning ... But no matter how I view the source, it just says boo!
-Stoic Joker (February 15, 2015, 07:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

With Fiddler, in Chrome I get a 502, but in IE & Opera I get a 304. In all of them I get "No Response Data".

In Wireshark, with Chrome, I get 200, and "Boo!\n".

Then, fiddling in Fiddler, I managed to get a 200 with "Boo!".

I don't know - it's just bizarre that the source won't show up in some cases. I give up. Got better things to do. :(

Deozaan:
IE11 (Developer Tools):
 (see attachment in previous post)
It ain't very exciting, certainly nothing to soil your pants over.

Pale Moon (Web Developer->Inspector): (see attachment in previous post)
Comodo Dragon (Tools->Developer Tools): (see attachment in previous post)
-4wd (February 15, 2015, 03:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

There's a difference between View Source and Developer Tools.

If I view source in Chrome, it's blank. If I open the developer console (ctrl-shift-J) in Chrome, it shows me the standard HTML stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version