ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: import/export foobar keyboard shortcuts

<< < (2/3) > >>

4wd:
I think your best bet is to try and get the author of foobar to change from using a binary format for his config files to something like XML then it would be relatively easy.

superboyac:
I think your best bet is to try and get the author of foobar to change from using a binary format for his config files to something like XML then it would be relatively easy.
-4wd (May 25, 2015, 09:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
I don't think that will ever happen!  I don't know why it's like that, for a program known for it's configurability, free, etc.

I was hoping it could be done with AHK or something.  Right now, the only way to do it is seriously manual.  One by one.
foobar has plugins or "components"...I was wondering if it could be done that way too.

Target:
if we could only work out the file format it shouldn't be hard...

if only...

4wd:
I had a play around with BeyondCompare seeing what happened when I changed shortcuts ... ugh! What a nightmare ... looks like there's a checksum near the beginning, keyboard shortcuts are near the end ...

As an example, I changed a shortcut from Control+Z to Control+Y:

IDEA: import/export foobar keyboard shortcuts

I'm thinking that the 02 after the Z/Y is the key modifier (Control) but other than that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

superboyac:
I had a play around with BeyondCompare seeing what happened when I changed shortcuts ... ugh! What a nightmare ... looks like there's a checksum near the beginning, keyboard shortcuts are near the end ...

As an example, I changed a shortcut from Control+Z to Control+Y:
 (see attachment in previous post)
I'm thinking that the 02 after the Z/Y is the key modifier (Control) but other than that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
-4wd (May 26, 2015, 08:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
eesh, it's like that?!  Now I know what you guys mean! 
Maybe that's why nobody has made one in all the years of foobar.
I mean, they have an SDK...does that help?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version