ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Android Apps

Other app ideas based on WhenLast code

<< < (7/8) > >>

DeVamp:
One idea i had recently was for a simple checklist/chore app, where you could toggle quickly between an ALL-ITEM view and a TODO view.  So you would switch to the ALL-ITEM view, select a set of chores or todo items to activate, and then switch to the TODO view, where you would see only the items you have selected.  As you (or any sync'd devices) complete each one, you would click it and it would disappear from the TODO view, until you get down to an empty list.  In the ALL-ITEM view you would see when each item was last accomplished (and possibly by which device/user).
-mouser (February 11, 2015, 04:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Very late to the discussions, but this looks like something I could use.

We have the habit of doing once a week the shopping of the important things for a whole week.
A lot of times, the same things come back, so that would be an excellent thin to have.

I can keep all the regular items in the main list and choose them and complete the todo list with more irregular items. :)

No clue if something could be integrated in the checklist DC?

Cheers.

mouser:
The latest version of my checklist DC app will let you quickly toggle between viewing all, only checked, or only unchecked..  You can also organize items into tabs so you can easily switch between different groups of items.

tomos:
Another wish probably not covered by WhenLast code: a decent cooking timer that allows you to save and recall named "scenarios," i.e. various times/titles for "put this veg on," "turn sausages," "put that veg on", "check pans," "Cooked!" etc., with a wide range of alarm sounds built in.  I use Big Clock, PocketDoan and Ramen on the Palm - sometimes all together...  I've seen plenty of Android timer apps, but none able to save a set of timers in a named group.
-rjbull (March 08, 2015, 04:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
rj, this sounds very close to an idea that dc member ewemoa and i have been talking about.. groups of sequenced timers..
-mouser (March 08, 2015, 04:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
would love this idea.

mouser:
Can I see a show of hands for anyone using the dropbox multi-device sync functionality in my android apps?
Google recently announced that they were blocking certainly library builds and the dropbox library seems to have been abandoned by dropbox, meaning if I try to upload a new release of any of my apps, I'll have to strip out the multi-device sync feature that uses dropbox :(

rjbull:
Another wish probably not covered by WhenLast code: a decent cooking timer that allows you to save and recall named "scenarios," i.e. various times/titles for "put this veg on," "turn sausages," "put that veg on", "check pans," "Cooked!" etc., with a wide range of alarm sounds built in.  I use Big Clock, PocketDoan and Ramen on the Palm - sometimes all together...  I've seen plenty of Android timer apps, but none able to save a set of timers in a named group.
-rjbull (March 08, 2015, 04:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
rj, this sounds very close to an idea that dc member ewemoa and i have been talking about.. groups of sequenced timers..
-mouser (March 08, 2015, 04:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
would love this idea.
-tomos (September 28, 2019, 12:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

I should say that my needs in this area are now covered by two apps, both of which I strongly recommend:

* StopWatch & Timer+  by Jupiter Apps
* Alarm Clock Millennium  by Millennium Apps
I have paid-for copies of both, and am not up to date on the free ones, but as far as I know, you need the paid-for Jupiter Apps program to gain the ability to save and recall scenarios (but Android apps typically don't cost much).  Its UI isn't as determinedly slick a some, but it works, and the "clock face" is clear and bold.

The Millennium Apps one doesn't in fact offer save-and-recall scenarios, but it allows you to set as many timers as you want, check off the tickboxes of the ones you currently need, and set them all off together.  That means you can change scenarios quickly, if not quite as conveniently as the Jupiter Apps program.  However, Millennium Apps offer is a much more all-round reminder software, and it's the one I use on Android for most recurring and ad hoc alarms.  There are glitches, but it's more than good enough for most purposes.  Last time I looked, I thought the author was shooting himself in the foot by offering so much functionality in the free version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version