ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

publishing notes to the net

<< < (2/3) > >>

Steven Avery:

The question for me was whether I had to write in markdown rather than RTF for ConnectedText.  
Am I taking a dilettante approach?  Are there wiki's with RTF?

The fellow Paul ended up liking Connected Text, and as a Wiki it is inherently web-enablable.
They claim that markdown is similar effort. I am skeptical.  Plus, I am very happy with RTF writing.

Steven

app103:
I am going to have to recommend Trello again, for this one. The ability to invite people to share a board you have created covers this usage, as well as giving them the ability to ask questions and comment on notes.

conceptworld:

Thanks for mentioning Notezilla.

How about looking for an online mind-map solution with advance text formatting etc?

dr_andus:
The question for me was whether I had to write in markdown rather than RTF for ConnectedText. 
Am I taking a dilettante approach?  Are there wiki's with RTF?
-Steven Avery (February 10, 2015, 06:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you don't want to get involved with wiki markup, Google Sites could be another option for a simple website.

NW:
A few years ago I used PersonalBrain, trying both embedded Webbrain and exported sitebrain, to publish my website. Eventually deciding the navigation was too quirky for the average website visitor - confirmed when TheBrain themselves swapped to a more conventional website. I occurred to me at the time that the most obvious solution would be to export to XML from PB and then run a script on the XML to generate a website. I hadn't the time, or inclination, to look into the scripting.

My thinking was that the items posted to my website are really a subset of the items within my notes database.

Since then I have revisited the subject a few times - most recently over the Christmas holidays. My conclusion was that either ConnectedText or MyInfo where probably the best options if desktop/windows was the primary use case. As I now tend to use an iPad more than a desktop, I didn't follow up on that research. If either come up on Bits then I might explore further.

These days I use OneNote as my cross platform note database and there is an older web export plug-in for OneNote, but the output format is too far removed from a standard website.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version