ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

ReRun 2.5.7.5

<< < (2/8) > >>

cranioscopical:
It's working—I'm broken. Sorry, wasn't using it right.  :-[

MilesAhead:
It's working—I'm broken. Sorry, wasn't using it right.  :-[
-cranioscopical (February 09, 2015, 04:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

:)

I was thinking of adding exclusion lists as I mentioned, with perhaps a manual override.  So you could hotkey click on a program to force it into the button list.  I thought also it might be cool to be able to edit the working directory and args fields.

The other thing that bothers me is as I have it now you launch one thing and it closes.  That's because all the stuff is picked up during the Gui creation.  It should be able to stay open like a launch bar.  But if I do that I think I may want to make it smaller.  Maybe 24 pixel buttons.  Just kicking ideas around.  But since it works pretty well I should just put this one out for now.

I have to see what I want to do for a permanent web hosting solution.
But all that's in the future.  For now I can just submit it to Softpedia.  :)

Thanks for trying the program out.   :Thmbsup:

cranioscopical:
Thanks for trying the program out.
-MilesAhead (February 10, 2015, 05:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for providing it.  :)

MilesAhead:
Thanks for trying the program out.
-MilesAhead (February 10, 2015, 05:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for providing it.  :)
-cranioscopical (February 10, 2015, 03:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

You are most welcome.  :)

By the way if you have an idea for a more natural way of using it I would be interested.  I'm torn between the detection being automatic as it is now, since it is supposed to be to recover from accidental closure of a program, and the less resource intensive method of the user hotkeying the program with the focus into what would be in effect, a launch bar.

I took a look at the way Skrommel coded a similar program and I could see the difficulty involved in trying to get the info as the program is closing, say by clicking on the 'x'.  That's undoubtedly why he hid the window and set a timer to kill it if not overridden in 60 seconds.

The hotkey to add to a launchbar would be less resource intensive but would also lose the "accidental recovery" aspect.  Or perhaps it should be 2 modes and the user can select to use one or both.

I'm open to ideas.  What I can do is fairly limited.  But a different perspective is often enlightening.  :)

MilesAhead:
ReRun 2.4.4.2 is available for download.  I have updated the first post with the link to the page.  When I can add new features I'll update to 2.5.  But that may be awhile.   :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version