ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Android Apps

WhenLast (Android app) - v2.20 Beta - Aug 20, 2018

<< < (15/16) > >>

Jedi:
I am too a silent WhenLast user for many years. I am loving it. In fact, I haven't seen any app that can beat it across all systems.
Too pity that WhenLast is available for Android system only.
Recently my Android device start failing me. My alternative device on hand is an iPad mini and some Windows laptops.
Is it possible for you to make iOS or Windows version of WhenLast available? Or better, make them sync via Dropbox?
I sure am willing to donate to support this. For WhenLast saves my days more than once.

mouser:
Welcome to the site, Jedi.

I'm very happy to hear that you like it -- I don't get much feedback about it.

As for an ipad/ios version -- i keep meaning to tinker with some ios coding, though my past experiences trying to code for mac's when i was a kid was traumatic :)

But I'm not sure it will be anytime soon that I work on an ios version of whenlast..

oblivion:
Whenlast is still a fixture on my phone. About the only mild irritant for me is the fact that I often do the thing I'm tracking and forget until later (or the next day) to mark it done. So the routine (unless I'm missing something) is to find it, hit NOW and then edit the date in the history back to yesterday. And the date editor is difficult, particularly on a small screen that suddenly gets half its space occupied by a keyboard...

So my wishlist might include either a "pick date/time" alongside NOW (which would impact on display space but maybe not too much if the NOW button were made slightly smaller?) or a more graphical date/time editor.

However... while writing this, it occurs to me to wonder if recording the exact time is crucial? I can see approximate time is helpful, but maybe am or pm as a radio button, or morning, afternoon, evening, night, anytime, as a dropdown, might be a good enough approach, which would maybe simplify the date storage and editing process?

mouser:
So my wishlist might include either a "pick date/time" alongside NOW (which would impact on display space but maybe not too much if the NOW button were made slightly smaller?) or a more graphical date/time editor
--- End quote ---
Yes this is something near top of my todo list.
Maybe a long-press on the Now button can bring up a nice date/time picker.

Jedi:
As for an ipad/ios version -- i keep meaning to tinker with some ios coding, though my past experiences trying to code for mac's when i was a kid was traumatic :)

But I'm not sure it will be anytime soon that I work on an ios version of whenlast..
-mouser (June 01, 2018, 12:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

A Windows version will be nice too. :p

I also noticed that the datehistory entry is (likely) in localized format.
In theory, won't that cause problem when syncing between two devices with different locale setting?
I can live with that for now, but wish I can change it as YYYY/MM/DD format or so, and using 24-hour format.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version