ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Android Apps

WhenLast (Android app) - v2.20 Beta - Aug 20, 2018

<< < (12/16) > >>

mouser:
If the app had a place where the user could add short notes each time
--- End quote ---

interesting idea.. let me chew on it..

oblivion:
This may all be academic (I've just joined the testing program so I'm hopefully about to get an updated version of whenlast :) but the reason I'm here is...

I just got a new phone. Whenlast (official Play Store version) got installed to the new one automagically but -- of course -- didn't include my data. So I fired up the old phone and used the export facility -- which although it claimed to have worked, didn't actually create any data files I could copy off.

The old phone's Lollipop, the new one is Nougat. Both pretty much stock versions.

I didn't have so many entries I couldn't manually recreate them, so that's what I've done. :)

mouser:
Yeah EXPORT just wants to save a file somewhere.  You have to copy that file to your new phone somehow and then import it.
The other alternative of course is the SYNC mechanism.

oblivion:
Yeah EXPORT just wants to save a file somewhere.  You have to copy that file to your new phone somehow and then import it.-mouser (April 29, 2017, 01:47 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's the point -- I was trying to save the file in my documents folder, or my data folder, or my downloads folder, but although it was saying "export done" or something of the sort, it wasn't actually creating the file -- I was watching in Explorer on my PC. (I tried four times in four folders before I gave up.)
The other alternative of course is the SYNC mechanism.

--- End quote ---

I don't think the non-beta version of the program has sync, does it? I couldn't see it, anyway.

mouser:
Sure it does!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version