ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Android Apps

WhenLast (Android app) - v2.20 Beta - Aug 20, 2018

<< < (6/16) > >>

rjbull:
If an app installed on multiple devices wants to keep sync'd between multiple devices, it has to write some real code to merge changes and keep files synchronized, etc.
-mouser (June 07, 2015, 09:28 AM)
--- End quote ---
You could, presumably, manually sync with Dukto over a LAN (local WiFi in my case).

mouser:
(1) When one edits an entry, one finds the dates presented in US format.  I would much prefer them to be in ISO format, that being the clearest, least ambiguous, and most suited to a program that may be used internationally.
(2) It's possible to edit a date and time manually - and the field accepts any old garbage, there doesn't seem to be any error-trapping.  You also allow use of the standard Android date-picker.  Is there any reason not to make that mandatory, i.e., remove manual editing?  If you do that, for consistency there would have to be a time-picker as well.

1: in the advanced options you can change the format of the displayed date and time to make it how you want it.

2: this is trickier.. right now the date history is basically free form multi-line text where no formatting is enforced.  i choose that for simplicity.  but perhaps ideally it would enforce a specific strict list format.

rjbull:
1: in the advanced options you can change the format of the displayed date and time to make it how you want it.-mouser (September 11, 2016, 01:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks, I didn't know that.  But, I must be missing something, because it doesn't work for me:
WhenLast (Android app) - v2.20 Beta - Aug 20, 2018
This is even after rebooting the device (Asus MemoPad 7, ME173X, Android 4.2.2).  Perhaps an explanation of the tokens and format is in order, at least as a link to somewhere?

2: this is trickier.. right now the date history is basically free form multi-line text where no formatting is enforced.  i choose that for simplicity.  but perhaps ideally it would enforce a specific strict list format.-mouser (September 11, 2016, 01:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
Were you to decide to give WhenLast statistics, it would be necessary to enforce the correct data format.  Maybe it's a nice idea that's not worth the bother of doing.

mouser:
changing the options wont change past history text, only the dates shown on the live items (and possibly subsequent date history entries, not sure about that).

rjbull:
changing the options wont change past history text, only the dates shown on the live items (and possibly subsequent date history entries, not sure about that).
-mouser (September 11, 2016, 03:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
Dates on live items now display correctly with token string yyyy-MM-dd; I didn't think past history items would be changed.  I confirm it doesn't change new entries, they are still in US format.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version