ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Program to open groups of programs.

(1/3) > >>

miva2:
I was wondering if there is some kind of program I can easily start a bunch of other programs with that I generally need at the same time.
Say for example when I'm doing android development. I want Android Studio to start, I want my genymotion emulator to start and I want XChat to start since that automaticaly connects me to an android chatroom.
Then when I don't need those anymore it would be cool if I could close them together also (optional).
After that I will probably want to play a game so it should start Steam and whatever else I configured.
Or when I arrive at work it should start all workspecific applications I configured + everything that's in the android development group. So basically nested grouping.

I guess I could easily make some autohotkey scripts for those (assuming AHK can detect if a program is already launched) but was wondering if there are already streamlined applications available  :)

What do you do in situations where you have to open multiple programs together?

Ath:
I think that is one of the scenario's Skwire was thinking of when he published Splat for NANY 2015 :D

mouser:
I was just about to recommend Splat, but Ath beat me to it.

miva2:
Oh wow, that's exactly what I wanted!
Maybe I saw it and subconsciously remembered there was something like that here. Thanks for the fast reply!
Other options are still welcome :D
I'll definitely try this out tomorrow!

I always plan on joining NANY but never end up making something :(
Oh well, someday I'll get one of those mugs  :P

dr_andus:
Other options are still welcome :D
-miva2 (February 05, 2015, 02:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

TaskLayout may achieve a similar effect (though I haven't tried it).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version