ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

wierd mouse click problem

<< < (3/4) > >>

bit:
Sentay Apocalypse is available and affordable (giving it a closer look).
Jeeze, 6 different styling-color options, but prices vary.
At this web page, this choice (drop down a paragraph where there are 6 sub-choices) is way cool for $38.99 but just not in my price range at this time.
Man, it's even got a nifty little weight package you can use the empty slots to store an emergency supply of Chiklets or Asperin tablets. :)
Shades I know what you mean about weight, b/c the A4Tech is so lightweight if you let go of it, the stiffness of the cord can make it shift position.

Okay, I'm using the Logitech 500-type wireless as a stop-gap.
The blame thing is still like new with great scrolling action.
We'll see if it's 'sleep mode' still annoys...so far no problems, makes me wonder why I ever retired it.
I'll have to break out a pair of rechargable AA batts & charger.
This will give me something to tide me over until I can line up one of the other ^suggestions. :)

Vurbal:
I'd be willing to bet it's more of a problem with ergonomic mice than any other kind. In fact, I'm not sure I've had the problem with anything else. While that narrows it down to Logitech mice for me, I've never seen it with any of the plain OEM Logitech units I've used - some for long periods of time.

After performing autopsies on a number of mice, mostly after fatal button problems, here's my hypothesis about why that is. The moving parts in a high end ergonomic mouse are not significantly higher quality than the ones on basic mice. In fact, in the case of the electronic moving parts like buttons, I'd say they're generally identical. However, the physics involved as significantly more stressful because of the distances and angles involved. That would explain why these physical problems primarily affect the main buttons, as well as more advanced features like tilting scroll wheels.

bit:
I'd be willing to bet it's more of a problem with ergonomic mice than any other kind. In fact, I'm not sure I've had the problem with anything else. While that narrows it down to Logitech mice for me, I've never seen it with any of the plain OEM Logitech units I've used - some for long periods of time.

After performing autopsies on a number of mice, mostly after fatal button problems, here's my hypothesis about why that is. The moving parts in a high end ergonomic mouse are not significantly higher quality than the ones on basic mice. In fact, in the case of the electronic moving parts like buttons, I'd say they're generally identical. However, the physics involved as significantly more stressful because of the distances and angles involved. That would explain why these physical problems primarily affect the main buttons, as well as more advanced features like tilting scroll wheels.
-Vurbal (February 05, 2015, 03:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
^That's quite possible.
Just a 10" drop upside-down onto thick carpet may also be enough to goof up Logitech pushbuttons (as from a tabby cat trying to play Sphinx and share the mouse pad with the Logitech).
BTW, I think the auto-load of mouse drivers for the Logitech wireless may have been updated to make its wake-sleep mode less of a time-lag and not so annoying, at least it seems so now.

bit:
So far, the weird mouse click problem 'appears' to be solved with the switch to my alternate wireless like-new Logitech mouse.
For now, due to budget constraints, I can use it, keeping in mind its gliche-prone idiosyncrasies, and everyone's well-advised alternative brand mouse suggestions.
Many tnx!  :Thmbsup:

(edit): I realize we just finished determining that my old Logitech was problematic both as an individual unit and as a brand, and that Logitech mice are more fragile and damage-prone with generally shorter useful lifespans and TBOs (time before overhaul/discard).
But I do have this other practically new Logitech wireless, and its old 'wake-sleeping' delay seems to possibly have been alleviated by updated driver software.
So I'll use it for now, but plan on one of the above alternates for future reference next time around.

bit:
Atch! The phantom click problem persisted for a few moments on my last boot; may be a Logitech problem.
Other expenses preclude me getting a new mouse for now, but I'm thinking seriously about a non-Logitech future.

(edit): the phantom click problem is as bad as ever.
May have to do a HD backup restore of entire OS.
Will see if I can experiment with other mice first and isolate the problem.

(edit): In all fairness, this morning I ran a Memory Check and found errors.
Dislodged and reseated the RAM sticks and passed the Memory Check.
(I actually had to do this twice to pass successfully).

Downloaded and installed RevoUninstaller 30 day trial, found no sign of Logitech or Set Point, but did find Amoumain A4Tech mouse driver still active, which I uninstalled.
So far, no further problems with the Logitech wireless mouse phantom click problem.

(update):
Last night my fabulous like-new Logitech wireless mouse was fairly well-behaved, whereas today it is not doing copy & paste correctly, activating unselected programs when closing others, and generally acting almost unpredictable. >.<
It is rather like watching a pedigreed show dog come down with Distemper or Rabies.
Copy & paste works fine using the keyboard, which almost isolates the mouse.
I'm either going to have to get a new non-Logitech mouse, or do a HD backup restore, or actually I think I'll see if an old non-Logitech mouse does this or not first.
I vaguely recall problems starting about the time I installed Logitech Set Point software from a disk, which actually wasn't necessary in view of the plug & play already automatically doing whatever it was supposed to do.

edit: This is turning into more of a blog and isn't worth annoying DCers with a new post, but here goes:
The wireless Logitech mouse seems to be having radio connection problems and its cursor smoothness was getting downright jerky, and copy & paste highlighting action was 'spotty' and 'jumpy'.

I ran regedit and searched for anything named 'Logitech', and found a pair of folders named [Logitech_LDM_Control.LtAuth] that when Googled ID'd them as 'Logitech Desktop Messenger', and deleted them.

No improvement in the Logitech wireless mouse's erratic behavior.
Do you suppose it could be that SmartMeter they put in?

I replaced the wireless mouse with an older Logitech wired mouse, and discovered its laser wasn't tracking properly (which I recall now was why I quit using it before), so I gave it a nice hefty blast with some canned air right on the lens, and that seems to have given it back its crisp precise action, but time will tell.
Oh, and the replacement older wired Logitech's scroll wheel mysteriously works with Seamonkey now (and of course everywhere else).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version