ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

wierd mouse click problem

<< < (2/4) > >>

AzureToad:
Been using a Logitech M705 for nearly 3 years. 
My experiences have been similar, but not exactly the same.
I've always thought that a fresh set of batteries took care of my problems.

Vurbal:
Sounds like a common problem I've experienced with Logitech mice. Eventually the clicker wears out and starts double-clicking occasionally when you only click once.-Deozaan (February 05, 2015, 12:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

That was my first thought too, but I don't think it's just Logitech that is susceptible to this behavior. I've had several different brands of mice (granted mostly MS, but there were others), and all of them died the exact same - ^this - way. While I don't click that hard, or that fast...I can't help but think - given the history - that it just might be something that I'm doing.
-Stoic Joker (February 05, 2015, 07:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's been my experience as well, and not just with Logitech mice. I suspect it has something to do with the fact I tend to lay my fingers across the button, even when I'm clicking, which is kind of the point of having an ergonomic mouse for me. It seems to put odd stress on both the plastic parts that make up the button on the outside and the mechanical part of the actual button inside.

It also may just be that I have a heavy finger.

bit:
^wow. Score: 'the other brand' (various praises); Logitech 0%.
It's surprising how relieved I feel, knowing it's -only- (probably) my Logitech mouse, and (probably again) not my entire OS or box doing a Titanic or something.

I better also run a RAM check and see if there's any problem there (the 'fix' is to loosen and reseat the contacts; always works but rarely needed).
Tnx for the tips on alternate mice selections.  :Thmbsup: I may give one or another of those a shot.
Yes, the rubberized slip-check coating on my L-500 is getting crumbly or something too.

My A4Tech mouse looks like this but with only one wheel not two.
My A4Tech driver folder size is 271kb; Logitech's complete mouse + 'phone home' suite was something like 50 or 74MB.
My fav keyboard I'm writing this on is an ivory colored Compaq 286 key-click which is fairly silent and works flawlessly, because (remember me posting about this?) my Microsoft ergonomic black one the keys started sticking and even lube spray wouldn't fix it.
I do have a Logitech battery powered mouse identical to the 500 laser that appears to be croaking, but the way you have to wiggle it to make it 'wake up' before -every- mouse click operation drives me nuts.

I don't recall why I retired my A4Tech mini-mouse, but maybe I should drag it out and give it a spin.
I've got whole boxes of 'old stuff' that'll never see the light of day again. :)
But (tech dreaming) I just posted elsewhere how I keep wondering if the day may come that I can replace my tower with a $35 tablet (and get superior performance).

Yes, my Logitech mouse seems to 'click' crisply and cleanly in a purely mechanical/physical way, but on-screen it's giving weird results like a 'phantom' clicker or something, and also copy & paste problems as well now.

Deozaan:
Sounds like a common problem I've experienced with Logitech mice. Eventually the clicker wears out and starts double-clicking occasionally when you only click once.-Deozaan (February 05, 2015, 12:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

That was my first thought too, but I don't think it's just Logitech that is susceptible to this behavior. I've had several different brands of mice (granted mostly MS, but there were others), and all of them died the exact same - ^this - way.-Stoic Joker (February 05, 2015, 07:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I figured it probably wasn't unique to Logitech, but they're the only brand I've used for the past 15 years or so. That is, until I bought my most recent replacement last year. Now I'm using a barebones $7 Amazon Basics mouse. I decided that if this one fails after a short amount of time, it will be much easier to replace than my $60 mouse I was using before.

That said, you can buy replacement parts and solder them into your mouse. If you're up for that kind of thing. :) You can buy a bundle of them for a few bucks on eBay.

bit:
Atch!, my faithful A4Tech mouse works except for the wheel.
It's wheel doesn't tilt, and rolling it does nothing--anywhere.
RIP A4Tech. It's been good.

Coolermaster Storm Xornet has super nice understated black styling.
Amazon Basics is very affordable.

May have to break out the like-new Logitech 500-type wireless and put up with its 'sleep-mode' annoyance until I can order something.
No wheel input on the A4Tech is really not an option for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version