ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

wierd mouse click problem

(1/4) > >>

bit:
Lately when I click to close a window, sometimes it opens anything directly under it on Desktop, or sometimes opens something nearby.
My Logitech 500 laser wheel mouse mouse seems to work just fine otherwise.
My OS came up 'clean' after reg, antivirus, and PUP scans, so I don't know if it could be some weird virus.
I was running several mouse programs;
-Amoumain A4Tech,
-Logitech (forget the name; something about communicating with Logitech)
-Logitech Smooth Scrolling
-Volumouse
-Unknown auto-download of mouse driver when I originally plugged in the mouse
I uninstalled both Logitech programs, but problem persists.

Deozaan:
Sounds like a common problem I've experienced with Logitech mice. Eventually the clicker wears out and starts double-clicking occasionally when you only click once. Every Logitech mouse I've owned in the past 10-15 years has eventually experienced this issue. One mouse started exhibiting this kind of behavior after only a couple of weeks!

I'd love Logitech if their hardware didn't wear out in 1-3 years.  >:(

Shades:
Over the years I also have experienced vague problems with Logitech mouses. Only with me the mouses last 4 to 5 years. The last one (G500) works and clicks fine...it just makes the system freeze for a second at irregular intervals. It's too bad because I really liked it as you can add or remove balance weights inside it.

Now I have a Sentey Apocalypse mouse and it has (much) higher precision, which I like a lot. But the lack of weight might become a problem.

Personally, I had better experience with functional survivability of Microsoft mouses (basic models), so if you are just looking for a basic mouse, I would suggest to get one of those. Feature-sets of Logitech mouses are often very, very tempting though.

4wd:
I also have had problems with Logitech mice, MX518 was great for 3 years or so then the scroll wheel died.  Logitech BT mouse now doesn't want to connect to anything and the LMB has become very flakey, (also about 3 years old).

Been using a Coolermaster Storm Sentinel Advance mouse and a Microsoft BT mouse the last two years or so with no problems, (apart from the matt non-slip paint on the Sentinel starting to peel).

Logitech keyboards are better than their mice, (G15 still works well).

Stoic Joker:
Sounds like a common problem I've experienced with Logitech mice. Eventually the clicker wears out and starts double-clicking occasionally when you only click once.-Deozaan (February 05, 2015, 12:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

That was my first thought too, but I don't think it's just Logitech that is susceptible to this behavior. I've had several different brands of mice (granted mostly MS, but there were others), and all of them died the exact same - ^this - way. While I don't click that hard, or that fast...I can't help but think - given the history - that it just might be something that I'm doing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version