ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Smartphones et al. and their software, batteries and keyboards

<< < (2/2)

Deozaan:
eleman beat me to it. I have purchased apps on the Google Play store once and have been able to use the purchases on both my phone and my tablet simultaneously.-Innuendo (February 04, 2015, 10:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
Just to be perfectly clear; does that mean that if I uninstall a utility purchased through the Google Play Store, either through the Play Store itself or via Settings, I can come back at some later date and reinstall it without further payment?
-rjbull (February 09, 2015, 05:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yup, once you buy something on the Play Store, it's yours forever.

There are some possible exceptions: Consumable in-app purchases (IAPs) and subscriptions (which I believe also count as a form of IAP).

rjbull:
Yup, once you buy something on the Play Store, it's yours forever.-Deozaan (February 09, 2015, 06:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the confirmation!  :)

There are some possible exceptions: Consumable in-app purchases (IAPs)-Deozaan (February 09, 2015, 06:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
Consumables?  Please can you give an example?

Deozaan:
Yup, once you buy something on the Play Store, it's yours forever.-Deozaan (February 09, 2015, 06:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the confirmation!  :)

There are some possible exceptions: Consumable in-app purchases (IAPs)-Deozaan (February 09, 2015, 06:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
Consumables?  Please can you give an example?
-rjbull (February 10, 2015, 04:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is probably only a "feature" in games. For an example I'm making up as I go along: Some games let you pay $1 for 500 in-game gold coins. And you can keep paying $1 as many times as you want to get 500 more gold coins. Obviously, since you can spend the 500 gold coins in-game, you can't buy them once and keep them forever. They're not permanent, so they allow you to keep buying them repeatedly.

These consumables come in the form of in-game currency, temporary power-ups, and other similar things.

rjbull:
This is probably only a "feature" in games.-Deozaan (February 10, 2015, 05:02 PM)
--- End quote ---
Virtual consumables paid for with real money?  I don't think I'll be going there!  :)  Thanks for clarifying.

Deozaan:
This is probably only a "feature" in games.-Deozaan (February 10, 2015, 05:02 PM)
--- End quote ---
Virtual consumables paid for with real money?  I don't think I'll be going there!  :)  Thanks for clarifying.
-rjbull (February 11, 2015, 03:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes. And there are people who pay thousands of dollars on a single "free" app/game with these IAPs. It's lucrative madness.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version