ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Memory lane for motorists

<< < (2/3) > >>

cranioscopical:
I'm new at thsi abacus computer sutff.

Thanks for pointing out the bad link. It's corrected in the first post and here it is again.
Follow that one if you dare!

cranioscopical:
Looks like some fine cars on those pages, starting with one of my fav drool cars - the AC Cobra.
-IainB (February 01, 2015, 06:45 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's a lovely car.

(How did it get the "wrong" suffix?)
--- End quote ---
You have only to stop for a moment and think about who posted it  ;D
The URL field comes up helpfully, with "http://" already present. I must have inserted my link before that rather than overwriting it <sigh>

xtabber:
I hate sites that provide only slide shows rather than letting you see a list of the items, and life is too short to step one-by-one through 100 slides.

For several years, I drove a 1974 Fiat 124 Sport Spider.  Lots of fun to drive, not so much to tune the dual points carburetor.

40hz:
I hate sites that provide only slide shows rather than letting you see a list of the items, and life is too short to step one-by-one through 100 slides.
-xtabber (February 02, 2015, 09:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Agree. But  that's how it works when you get ad revenue for each page visited.

I went through 10 or so out of curiosity before I quit. These were all well outside my self-imposed price range.

Guess I'm just not that into it. :huh: My GF, however, would have probably run through the entire list. Unlike me, she actually likes cars. And she's not immune to the automotive siren's song of 'fine motoring.' (In many respects we're as opposite as they come. ;D)

cranioscopical:
The Fiat 500 wasn't that expensive  :)  (mouser would have liked it)

They were flogging the Austin Mini for £600 when it first appeared. Of course, one had to fit a rubber glove over the HT leads and distributor cap as the distributor was placed right behind the front grille, and it's been known to rain now and then in England.  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version