ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Memory lane for motorists

<< < (3/3)

mouser:
ps. The codymobile is a Suzuki SX4, same basic car as the Fiat Sedici, and i LOVE it.

tomos:
The Fiat 500 wasn't that expensive  :)-cranioscopical (February 02, 2015, 12:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

I quite like the new one (North American version) too, will set you back a bit more though :)
(not a fan of the Beetle or Mini remakes FWIW)

Stoic Joker:
(not a fan of the Beetle or Mini remakes FWIW)-tomos (February 02, 2015, 02:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

My wife had a fully restored 1972 Super Beatle a 'few' years back. That was a seriously fun car to drive Surprisingly quick, and everybody loved it.

tomos:
^coincidentally post #5555 :up:

Vurbal:
(not a fan of the Beetle or Mini remakes FWIW)-tomos (February 02, 2015, 02:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

My wife had a fully restored 1972 Super Beatle a 'few' years back. That was a seriously fun car to drive Surprisingly quick, and everybody loved it.
-Stoic Joker (February 02, 2015, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

I learned to drive a stick in a '72 Super Beetle Sun Bug. The great thing about that is it forces you to get a good feel for clutching and shifting from day 1. I've driven several manual transmission vehicles since then where the owner told me it was touchy or tricky and never had a problem.

The most fun part was driving it on snow and ice. Since I was working an evening shift, the roads were basically empty when I drove home. The (lack of) weight, and weight distribution lets you get away with some stupid driving in it.

The sunroof was an odd bonus. I once hauled some cheap assembly-required furniture home by sticking the box through the top. It stuck out almost 2 feet. Now I wish someone had taken a picture of me standing on the roof pulling it back out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version