ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Option to NOT save to file?

(1/2) > >>

kproth:
Feature request: I'd enjoy an option to not save my screencaps to files. I would combine that the the existing option to automatically copy screencaps to the clipboard.

I still want to be able to preview and edit/annotate my screencaps in the built-in image editor, with the option to save if I choose, but most of the time I'm only grabbing screencaps to paste into emails and in that case I don't want to have to go back and clean out my captures folder...

Thanks,
- Kevin

p.s.: awesome app!

mouser:
yeah - it definitely has to be made easier to discard screenshots..
maybe a quick delete button.

youll find in the moveto menu a choice saying "delete all images in screenshot directory", so this is what i generally advise people who use sc for temporary stuff, just capture a bunch, and when you are done with the screenshots, choose that option.

kproth:
Good tip - I'll try that on for size.

I think it's perhaps more of a mental thing - if I don't want to save it, I'm thinking "why should I have to go clean it up at all"?

Also, I was initially testing within a Virtual PC, and there was a noticeable delay waiting for an image (especially full screen) to save to disk (I was using JPG format instead of PNG if that also makes a difference). Would the delay be reduced or eliminated if there existed an option to not save to disk?

AbteriX:
Feature request: I'd enjoy an option to not save my screencaps to files. ...-kproth (June 12, 2006, 04:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
I second this feature wish (of course, u know :P)
"delete all images in screenshot directory"-mouser
--- End quote ---
This is no solution for me.
I on my own didn't want to delete ALL screenshots.
To NOT save by default is an logically way to me.

vegas:
Feature request: I'd enjoy an option to not save my screencaps to files. I would combine that the the existing option to automatically copy screencaps to the clipboard.
-kproth (June 12, 2006, 04:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

I was wondering whether I could prevent this as a default action.  I too, third this nomination as a feature.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version