ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Removing images when printing?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Curt:
Once in a while Abelssoft will offer a discount on CleverPrint, but right now the price is the normal €40.

Prints multiple pages on one sheet
   CleverPrint minimizes your printing costs by printing up to 8 pages on one

Optimises PrintJobs
   CleverPrint can remove graphics within a printjob and thus drastically reduce printing costs

Deletes unwanted pages
   Printjobs often contain pages, which you don´t want to print. Simply remove them with CleverPrint

Integrated PDF-Printer
   CleverPrint is able to convert printjobs into PDF documents, or into PNG, JPG, etc.
-CleverPrint 2015
--- End quote ---
http://www.abelssoft.net/cleverprint.php

Jibz:
Thanks all for the input :-*.

I've looked at the browser add-ons, but I think it would be nice if it worked for all print jobs, not just web pages.

I think PriPrinter Pro will be willing to give Donationcoder a 30% discount on the Pro, making it a bit better.

Based on some recent correspondence after a Bits special (which was not on the Pro.)
-Steven Avery (January 28, 2015, 01:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

seems to me the standard version would be fine - unless the "PDF publisher" integrated in the pro version is something special...

Edit, maybe it is - this link gives a better idea of differences:
http://priprinter.com/editions.htm
-tomos (January 28, 2015, 01:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think the normal edition could probably do what I was requesting. But with a discount, perhaps things like PDF publishing and reflowing would be nice additions.

Jibz:
I think PriPrinter Pro will be willing to give Donationcoder a 30% discount on the Pro, making it a bit better.

Based on some recent correspondence after a Bits special (which was not on the Pro.)
-Steven Avery (January 28, 2015, 01:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Is anyone pursuing this?

tomicjr:
I have used FinePrint for over 10 years, as well as their pdfFactory.

I can testify that it is very stable, updated frequently with new features and fixes, and does exactly what I need for saving paper and ink!

It does not appear to have as many bells & whistles compared to priprinter, so you will have to evaluate it against your needs.

It does enable you to remove images, pages, and redact text.

Many current OOTB printer drivers have other similar features these days, but I still go back to FinePrint every day.  It is one of my most often used utilities, along with FARR.  :Thmbsup:

x16wda:
A lot of printer drivers will have some of those features built in, such as 2-up (or more) printing and draft mode. I could swear there was one printer I owned that had more options like removing images, but my current HP doesn't.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version