ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Wanted: sound volume toggle using fn + f11 and f12 keys

(1/2) > >>

Harry Lake:
My Win8.1 netbook uses the function key together with f11 and f12 to push sound volume down or up respectively. This is all very well, but it's a bit of a pain in the neck as I have to reduce and subsequently increase volume quite often. I'd like a small utility that would let me first set my own low and high volume levels and then switch instantly between them, still (if possible) using function-f11 and function-12.

Cheers,
Harry
PS I have spent some time searching but have found nothing like this so far. Apologies if I have missed something.

Target:
seeing as no one else has picked this up here's something I just dashed off that might fill a gap

Uses the WIN key instead of the function key so it doesn't interfere with the original functionality

default values are 25% and 50% and can be changed via the tray menu

edit 280114: bug fix
edit 290114: attachments deleted

Harry Lake:
Um, thanks very much Target. I have a slight problem, however: when I try to run the exe I get an error message saying 'Can't load icon'. Line 014.

Otherwise  :) it sounds exactly what I need! I assume down there in Brisbane you're tucked up in bed as I write this (though probably not tucked up, come to think of it, unless your air con is doing overtime). But when you have another moment...

Cheers,
Harry

tomos:
This is a great idea :up:

Um, thanks very much Target. I have a slight problem, however: when I try to run the exe I get an error message saying 'Can't load icon'. Line 014.-Harry Lake (January 28, 2015, 07:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

I got the same error, but it did actually load to tray - with icon - and worked as planned.
(Win.7 x64)

---------------------------
SoundsLake.exe
Error:  Can't load icon.

Specifically: autohotkey.exe

Line#
--->   014: Menu,tray,icon,autohotkey.exe,2

The current thread will exit.
OK  

Harry Lake:
tomos - Many Thanks! How useful it is that DC members are scattered all over the planet! One may be enjoying a well-earned night's rest, but there'll still be another one along soon.

Now to refresh my memory about how to put it in the startup list...

Cheers,

Harry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version