ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

TreeDBNotes Pro - Christmas and New Year Discount: 50%

<< < (5/5)

rjbull:
It may seem odd, but I have never really got on with any single pane outliner - though I do have Outline 4d (a very particular type of program which again seems to have escaped development in the recent aeon).-Dormouse (January 17, 2015, 04:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
Since single-pane outlining became a more common feature of word processors, there doesn't seem to have been much development in free-standing ones.  Pity.

Had a quick look at Inspiration. Seems most like a mindmapper with an outline view to me.-Dormouse (January 17, 2015, 04:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
It did fairly well in John Buckman's very old round-up of outliners, but times have moved on...

I tend to find the rigid structures far too limiting and they never work with anything I'm doing. I seem to be able to do any number of things in TreeDB at the same time which is what I usually need.-Dormouse (January 17, 2015, 04:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
You must have a complex mind to deal with complex needs  :)

TaoPhoenix:
I'm wondering whether at heart you'd prefer a single-pane outliner, if you could find one you liked?  Inspiration, perhaps?
-rjbull (January 17, 2015, 03:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

I myself am having a little trouble even understanding what a single pane outliner *does*.

Sometimes once you have a paradigm in your head, you have trouble "un-learning it".

So, not counting the specifics of TreeDB, how do you not use two panes? (One for the outline and one for the data per node).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version