ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

change mouse behaviour

<< < (2/2)

kalos:
that script is good, but there is a problem:

I have set firefox, when I right click on a link, to open the link in a background tab

so maybe you can adjust the script NOT to work when the cursor is a "hand" or IBeam, and when I focus on a link (not sure if AHK can detect this) (you know that when a cursor hovers over a link, it becomes underlined)?

also, can you enrich it, so that it when the cursor is IBeam, and perhaps there is some text selected (not sure if AHK can detect this), to copy the text? send ctrl+c?

last, the script works when I right click ANYWHERE on the screen, even outside the firefox window, while it should work ONLY on the webpage area, not in the Windows taskbar or the area of the tabs, etc

MilesAhead:

last, the script works when I right click ANYWHERE on the screen, even outside the firefox window, while it should work ONLY on the webpage area, not in the Windows taskbar or the area of the tabs, etc

--- End quote ---

That's what I mentioned about Firefox having the focus until you click something else.  When you program an extension you have access to internal variables, document objects etc..  I've never done an extension.  As skwire mentioned you would have to do one for each browser.  That's why most extension writers write for one browser.  There's just too many finicky details.  Some things you can do from the outside.  You can send control c to copy selected text to the clipboard.  But if the text is a link label without the link info itself you just get the text, not the link.  There's so many exceptions that the user would be frustrated that it does not work so often.

Many programmers do IE because they can program it using the ActiveX COM interface rather than just sending clicks etc..  Have you looked at the shortcut list for Firefox? I don't know if they can be reassigned like many editors can.

I have a file Transpose.ahk where I stick odds and ends for some browsers and editors.  Some things can be done such as looking up the word left of the caret when in an editbox on a forum etc..  I'll post it so you can look it over to get an idea.  It's a hodgepodge though.  It's for my own use so please ignore references to defunct domains etc..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version