ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Syncfusion Essential Studio Suite *FREE*

<< < (2/3) > >>

Renegade:
because of the licensing?
-wraith808 (January 19, 2015, 07:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah. I had a client that used it. The license used to go (still does?) for several thousand IIRC.
-40hz (January 19, 2015, 08:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's the pricing... I know about that since we were evaluating them vs ComponentOne, and (still) in my opinion should have gone with SyncFusion.  Licensing implies something different to me than price, however...
-wraith808 (January 19, 2015, 09:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

The license costs. :) I should have said price. They upgrade rather frequently, and I didn't want to get trapped into $xxx.xx every year.

40hz:
Licensing implies something different to me than price, however...
--- End quote ---

Fair 'nuff. But would you care to elaborate? :)

wraith808:
Licensing implies something different to me than price, however...
--- End quote ---

Fair 'nuff. But would you care to elaborate? :)
-40hz (January 19, 2015, 08:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

There are some component developers and service providers where the price is totally reasonable, but the license conditions are not.  Limiting use, distribution, DRM on distribution, etc.  None of those have anything to do with the price itself...

Edvard:
Late to the game, I know, but looks like the website FAQ says the license is valid forever, as long as you don't make over $1 million USD per year.  Can't find anywhere on the site that spells out details in the EULA, so maybe that's the sticky point?

wraith808:
Late to the game, I know, but looks like the website FAQ says the license is valid forever, as long as you don't make over $1 million USD per year.  Can't find anywhere on the site that spells out details in the EULA, so maybe that's the sticky point?
-Edvard (January 26, 2015, 09:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Why would that be a sticky point?  Most community editions of commercial software products are limited similarly in my experience.  They're a way to get it into the hands of people that are in the hobbyist or small business area.  If you're making $1 mil a year, you can surely purchase a license, I'd think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version