ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

wireless networking and wifi printer help

<< < (10/12) > >>

40hz:
I've currently got an HP LaserJet 4050dn here in IT, and a standing threat to shoot anybody that tries to wander off with it.
-Stoic Joker (January 22, 2015, 03:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

That is my main workhorse too. Got it used from a client with 65K pages worth of use on it for $50. It's still going strong. The 4xxx series was one of the best HP ever produced IMO. I also had a LaserjetIII (with Postscript cartridge!) that I bought new when it first came out. That "boat anchor" performed yeoman’s service right up until the day a client's 3-year old kid (an out of control little brat if there ever was one!) yanked the PS cartridge out and then rapidly plugged it back in three or four times in a row while the unit was running. After that, it would only print two pages at a time before a print job timed out. It got replaced by a Laserjet 4 the following week.

4wd:
In the interest of getting the thread back on Target :D

@Target:

Yours if you want it:

Brand new in box, (for the last 2 years), got it cheap as a spare for 'justin' but it's highly unlikely I'd ever go back to a 100Mb switch.

Let me know what the ethernet MAC of the printer is and what IP you'd like it to have and I'll set up the static DHCP as well as WLAN+WPA2.

It'll give you a WiFI AP with a printer hanging off that phones/laptops/PCs/PVR/dogs*/etc should be able to access.

* Sony Aibo only.

app103:
I know you are not in the US but I would consider shipping it to you if you can use it, rather than throwing it in the trash.-app103 (January 22, 2015, 07:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the offer but mine uses a #78 tri-colour.  :)
-4wd (January 22, 2015, 08:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Shame I don't have any black ones left. Both printers did take the same #45 Black.

* Sony Aibo only.
-4wd (January 22, 2015, 09:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Target:
Yours if you want it:-4wd (January 22, 2015, 09:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

HA that's funny, I was looking at exactly the same one on a throw out table at officeworks only a couple of days ago ($19...)

Happy to help you out with this (reducing clutter is clearly one of your new years revolutions) - I'll PM you

and to wander off in search of wherever this thread was going, I understood this was a cheap printer, but compared to the inkjet my wifes been using it will have paid for itself a few times over even if I throw it out when the toner runs out.  I'm under no illusions about it's servicability, but so long as its reliable I don't have a problem :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

4wd:
Shame I don't have any black ones left. Both printers did take the same #45 Black.-app103 (January 23, 2015, 12:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

AU$13 for a pair of #45s from China, (including postage), isn't going to break the bank.

A store has just advertised new HP MFPs for $18.  I could buy one to use and another dozen for spare cartridges, the whole printer is cheaper than a single compatible cartridge :)

Happy to help you out with this (reducing clutter is clearly one of your new years revolutions)-Target (January 23, 2015, 12:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

More like, maximising space available for the acquiring of more worthy "junque".

BTW, don't expect a reply to a PM before Tuesday - I'm going bush.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version