ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

wireless networking and wifi printer help

(1/12) > >>

Target:
I recently bought a wifi laser printer under the apparently mistaken idea that it would simplify things at home and be cheaper to run

After some weeks of tinkering and testing I still can't can't consistently create a wireless connection to the damn thing, let alone a persistent one.

Let me state up front that I don't have a home network - we don't have access to landline based broadband, and there's no other reason to network the 2 PC's in our house. 

On my Win7 box

- I've used the supplied software and followed the installation instructions to the letter
  - I've created a network connection (on the assumption that I needed some sort of network for the printer to see)
  - I've used the supplied software and followed the installation instructions to the letter
  - I've set static IP addresses
  - I've disabled the existing (Atheros) wifi adapter and purchased another (EDIMAX)

I'm at the stage where it's getting beyond a joke so I'm hoping someone here can supply an AHA! comment

40hz:
Could you give us the make and exact model of the printer?

Sometimes problems like this are specific to a certain model or manufacturer.

Npte: Many times when a printer goes into power save mode it will drop its wifi connectivity. Without a network, if your PC can't provide the requisite wake-up call, the printer won't come out of power save.

Target:
samsung M2835DW...

destructions say it uses 'wifi direct' which I gather is specific (peculiar?) to intel chipsets, though that shouldn't be an impediment to 'normal' operation

40hz:
Did you do your setup with the Easy Wireless Setup Software downloadable from here?

40hz:
samsung M2835DW...

destructions say it uses 'wifi direct' which I gather is specific (peculiar?) to intel chipsets, though that shouldn't be an impediment to 'normal' operation
-Target (January 18, 2015, 09:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

That shouldn't matter. Even a smartphone should be able to connect to it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version