ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Congratulations Terrorists, You are getting what you want!

<< < (7/8) > >>

40hz:
There is a difference between sarcasm and dark humor.
-crabby3 (January 15, 2015, 07:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

AFAICT the only difference is that one is a word in the dictionary, and the other isn't. Snark is snark. While possibly interesting for purposes of establishing background story, the motivation(s) behind someone's snarkiness aren't really all that relevant. At least not in that part of the 'humor' spectrum I can see visible light in.

YMMV. ;)

crabby3:
There is a difference between sarcasm and dark humor.  They are not the same.

Dark Humor = Crabby3, Ren and most well known standup comedy; past and present.

Sarcasm = steak on your eye or stake in your eye.

...making it comical without pointing fingers is the hard part...   :)
-crabby3 (January 15, 2015, 07:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Wiki redirects Dark Humor to Black Comedy but it means what i thought it did.

A black comedy (or dark comedy) is a comic work that employs farce and morbid humor, which, in its simplest form, is humor that makes light of subject matter usually considered taboo.
--- End quote ---

Wiki's description of Sarcasm also means what i thought.

Sarcasm is a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt.
--- End quote ---

What am i not seeing?   :huh:

KynloStephen66515:

Deozaan:
President Obama is saying similar things:

Not long after British Prime Minister David Cameron did the same, President Obama said Friday that he opposes encryption methods that are inaccessible to law enforcement. Rather naively, he advocated that the technology should still exist, but with methods of access for approved entities like police and preferred spy agencies. This is his first clear issue stance on the matter, though it is not necessarily out of step with his previous actions and statements.

Of course, cybersecurity experts collectively groaned at the President's suggestion of strong encryption that is only accessible to authorities. Taking for granted that law enforcement can be trusted - and, of course, Edward Snowden and countless others have shown us we cannot - there are a host of problems. The basic problem is this: if someone other than the person doing the encryption can decrypt the information, then lots of people can do it.
-http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/01/16/obama-goes-record-encryption-says-exist-able-decrypt/
--- End quote ---

Renegade:
^ It would be nice if they actually understood what they were talking about for a change.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version