topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 10:51 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: At last, KeyNote done better :)  (Read 29261 times)

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: At last, KeyNote done better :)
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2014, 12:18 PM »
Speaking of notes organizers and outliners, my recent/current favorite (TreeProjects) was going through quick development but has slowed in the last year. Waiting for its v3.0.

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2015, 08:19 AM »
RightNote has had a 3.0 for awhile.

I think one big thing is Evernote integration.

***  Anybody using it?  Your thoughts? ***

Any other 3.0 features.  2.8.0.3 is the last 2-version.

======================

Upgrade is $30
Professional license is $60
Bits normal discount $45
Price on Bits day $30 - last Aug 2013

With all my interest in online notes, and with calendar software,
there is still a piece of mind in having one ultra-solid home base for notes.
A discussion here:

RightNote 3.0 - 50% deal at BitsDuJour - August 12-14
https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=35733.0

Keynote-NF, free, is always the fine alternative. However, for daily use
software, I don't mind paying a bit.

And there are many others, as we know..

Steven
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 04:56 PM by Steven Avery »

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2015, 10:07 AM »

***  Anybody using it?  Your thoughts? ***
I use it.  It's ok, gets the job done.  I thought I would love that feature as a way to keep notes synced or some idea like that.  but in the end, I just don't use it much.  I do it once or twice a year when I need to search through evernote for a lost clip or something.  I think my problem is that it becomes this thought, "Do I put this note in rightnote?  or evernote?" or I'm on my phone and don't have rightnote, so i stick it in evernote to later sync with rightnote, sheesh.  So i just don't care after a while. 

My point is, I don't consider the evernote functionality a big deal.  It wouldn't even factor in my decision to use Rightnote or not.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2015, 10:15 AM »

I use it.  It's ok, gets the job done.  I thought I would love that feature as a way to keep notes synced or some idea like that.  but in the end, I just don't use it much.  I do it once or twice a year when I need to search through evernote for a lost clip or something.  I think my problem is that it becomes this thought, "Do I put this note in rightnote?  or evernote?" or I'm on my phone and don't have rightnote, so i stick it in evernote to later sync with rightnote, sheesh.  So i just don't care after a while. 

My point is, I don't consider the evernote functionality a big deal.  It wouldn't even factor in my decision to use Rightnote or not.

I tried it.  It's a bit... clunky, but gets the job done.  The clunkiness is a function of the limiters on the Evernote interface, rather than on Rightnote.

In all honesty, however, since I can write in Markdown in Evernote now, I've dropped using Rightnote for all intents and purposes.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2015, 03:34 PM »
I'm still hoping for a repository for web clips and notes that's as reliable and easy to use as the old Evernote desktop application, without being cloud.  RN doesn't work reliably for me for this, perhaps because I'm still on Vista.  It often hangs.  When it works, it works well, giving a rendition of a (section of a) web page that's good enough for me.  The other problem is that when you clip to a new note, it doesn't scroll the tree to show that new note.  Also clipping is sometimes slow, but I can't really complain about that, if the web page is long and complicated.  UltraRecall seems more reliable, but so slow that I'd be hard pressed to use it.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2015, 06:26 PM »

I tried it.  It's a bit... clunky, but gets the job done.  The clunkiness is a function of the limiters on the Evernote interface, rather than on Rightnote.

In all honesty, however, since I can write in Markdown in Evernote now, I've dropped using Rightnote for all intents and purposes.
I'm interested in how you use markdown, if you don't mind.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2015, 09:02 PM »

I'm interested in how you use markdown, if you don't mind.

How I use Markdown in Evernote?  Or in general?

In general, as much as possible, I format all of my writing in Markdown; the plain text allows me to use several editors, and still be able to output to a common format at the end, whether that be word, pdf, or whatever.  That's one of the reasons I created my MarkdownBuddy application for NANY 2015- to be able to use plain text editors that don't really support markdown or markdown preview, but still see it's final state.

With Evernote, I use postach.io to host sites that I update semi regularly- it points to an Evernote notebook.  To write to that notebook, I use Marxico, which allows me to write directly to Evernote.  Postach.io syncs and interprets the text to create the sites.  Other editors I use are Writemonkey, Scrivener, Stackedit, Draft, Texts, and Texthaven... each for different uses cases and purposes.  But it being in plain text allows them all to operate more or less seamlessly.  MarkdownBuddy helps with that... as some of the more esoteric parsings are caught with that preview.

Not sure if that really makes sense, now that I've written it out... but it works :)