ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Convert sequence of images to video (with ffmpeg?)

<< < (3/3)

Deozaan:
Try these, you might run into some problems with such a high input frame rate so check the output.

Use the preset under IMAGES Native Res as this won't do any scaling of the images and might avoid any frame drops, it'll pay to source the images from an SSD, RAM drive, or something similarly as fast.
-4wd (January 16, 2015, 04:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks!

I could be wrong, but I don't think it has to actually read them in real-time in order for it to output the video at 60fps the way I want it. As it is processing the images, it tells me how many frames it is processing per second. Sometimes it's higher than the output rate, sometimes it's a lot lower than the output rate. But the output video still looks good when it's all done.

Also, I'm still not convinced there's a difference between input rate and output fps. It looks like you transposed the numbers (60/1 = 60) but the output still looks as it should with a different image each frame, running at 60 frames per second.

Either way, I just tried it out and it seems to have made a video that is virtually identical to one I made earlier. The file sizes are slightly different, but other than that they appear visually identical to my untrained eyes. So thanks again!

4wd:
Also, I'm still not convinced there's a difference between input rate and output fps. It looks like you transposed the numbers (60/1 = 60) but the output still looks as it should with a different image each frame, running at 60 frames per second.-Deozaan (January 16, 2015, 11:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

Since you've only just mentioned the input/output you wanted in your previous post, then in your case there is no difference - the number of images to copy as frames equals the number of frames in the frame rate.

Consider though if you'd said you wanted 30 images per second and the output video to be 24 frames per second - 6 frames, (each one being an image), would be dropped.

Or that you'd said that you wanted 16 images per second at 30 frames per second - 15 frames would be duplicated, 2 would be dropped or maybe 13 would be duplicated and 4 wouldn't be (thus only appearing for half the time as the others).

In case you were wondering, I hadn't looked at the videos you imbedded because no Youtube videos show up in DC when viewing the site via HTTPS - and I try to avoid Youtube anyway - so I didn't know what format your videos were ... sorry  :)

Deozaan:
I may not understand how it works, but it does seem to work, and that's the important part. :mrgreen:

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version