ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Beware of download sites

<< < (8/10) > >>

IainB:
^^ I guess that covers PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Software"), but not NSAware of course - because the latter isn't harmful per se.
"Do no evil"

--- End quote ---

Yeah, right.

All's fair in love and war.

wraith808:
^^ I guess that covers PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Software"), but not NSAware of course - because the latter isn't harmful per se.
"Do no evil"

--- End quote ---

Yeah, right.

All's fair in love and war.
-IainB (February 25, 2015, 11:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

You didn't get the memo?  They ninja removed it a while ago.  This is the full blown evil Google generation.

ilikefree09:
I have a download site (small) don't bundle software, don't have adverts, no cookies, no logon
It was really a site with a few guides on using free software
I don't record who comes to my site (I really don't care who comes)
I am unable to say if my hosting site (Go Daddy) tracks or records anything as I don't know but I expect they must record the traffic to my site

http://ilikefree.co/

grandpastan:
As far as the saying "Don't believe anything you read and half of what you see." goes, it is totally false now too. You can't believe anything you hear and only at most 10% of what you see. Or can you trust any photos etc on the internet?

MilesAhead:
As far as the saying "Don't believe anything you read and half of what you see." goes, it is totally false now too. You can't believe anything you hear and only at most 10% of what you see. Or can you trust any photos etc on the internet?
-grandpastan (March 04, 2015, 10:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Or, as Chico Marx said in Duck Soup

"Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version