ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Expanded role for Anonymous - Now more like The Watchman than V?

(1/3) > >>

40hz:
Saw this in an article by Alan Buckingham on BetaNews. Apparently Anonymous is expanding it's range of target baddies to include non-government and non-corporate SOBs. Most interesting if so. Especially since it drastically ups the stakes (and physical risks) for Anonymous if it becomes their new charter. More here.

From BetaNews:

...Things began just over a week ago when the group [Anonymous] declared war on Lizard Squad, a rival gang, if you will. That loosely run outfit had claimed responsibility for the takedown of Christmas for many people. In other words, it attacked the networks of both Sony Playstation and Microsoft Xbox on the day everyone was getting a new console. A cowardly act that they claimed was done just for fun.

The fun is over, as the group did a poor job of disguising members' identities and several are now in the hands of authorities. Worse for them, Anonymous declared war, which is the last thing anyone wishes to have happen to them.

Now Anonymous is setting its eyes, and considerable technological firepower, on Jihadist groups, looking to retaliate for the recent tragedy that took place in Paris, France...
--- End quote ---

Yeah. This could get interesting. Real interesting... 8)

wraith808:
Sounds more like the Guns from Black Summer by Ellis.  Which is a little more frightening.

Very good comic, BTW...

40hz:
Very good comic, BTW...
-wraith808 (January 11, 2015, 10:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Never heard of it. Have now. Will have to check it out. Thx! :) :Thmbsup:

superboyac:
Sounds more like the Guns from Black Summer by Ellis.  Which is a little more frightening.

Very good comic, BTW...
-wraith808 (January 11, 2015, 10:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks!  Will be added to my list.

TaoPhoenix:
Saw this in an article by Alan Buckingham on BetaNews. Apparently Anonymous is expanding it's range of target baddies to include non-government and non-corporate SOBs. Most interesting if so. Especially since it drastically ups the stakes (and physical risks) for Anonymous if it becomes their new charter. More here.

From BetaNews:

...Things began just over a week ago when the group [Anonymous] declared war on Lizard Squad, a rival gang, if you will. That loosely run outfit had claimed responsibility for the takedown of Christmas for many people. In other words, it attacked the networks of both Sony Playstation and Microsoft Xbox on the day everyone was getting a new console. A cowardly act that they claimed was done just for fun.

The fun is over, as the group did a poor job of disguising members' identities and several are now in the hands of authorities. Worse for them, Anonymous declared war, which is the last thing anyone wishes to have happen to them.

Now Anonymous is setting its eyes, and considerable technological firepower, on Jihadist groups, looking to retaliate for the recent tragedy that took place in Paris, France...
--- End quote ---
(see attachment in previous post)
Yeah. This could get interesting. Real interesting... 8)
-40hz (January 11, 2015, 07:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

If I didn't know better, I'd say this is a guerrilla TV show like a next generation Truman Show, with a little Flannery O'Connor sprinkled on top. "Everything that rises must converge".

So the Agencies (from X countries!) are not going to let "them" just randomly decide to do whatever they want. "We as cowed citizens" have to assume a "basic innocence" for Anonymous, that it isn't itself all a fake front to keep stirring up the martial state culture.

It's just tension building like a 24 episode TV show with 8 scripts written and the writers discovered they backed themselves into a continuity disaster and don't know how to get the season successfully over without a "cheapo" near the end. (Super rough timeline - about two months realtime "per episode"?)

(That's what I'm learning about tv writing as I've watched a lot this year, they carefully drip little "reveals" and can't just dump the whole thing, which has to wait for a season/series finale.)

So we have Anonymous "just doing things", but it's like a Filler episode setting out a new story arc. I just don't know (and I'm a bit nervous of!) the leadup to the season finale!

:o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version