ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

ALERT! FreewareBB shutting down. And with a warning from Marko?

<< < (2/6) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
Someone is responsible for the site itself but doesn't own the url?  :huh:
-rgdot (January 08, 2015, 11:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, to me it sounded more like he retained a copy of the code, but someone bought the domain name, and now plans to shut the existing site and replace it with something scammy.

It sounds like it's brewing into a minor tragedy. :  (

Deozaan:
I really don't get it. Why sell the site at all if you still want control over what happens to it? Once you've sold it, it's no longer your baby. Let it go.

Not to mention that I supposed it's possible that the new owner could sue Marko for disparaging him or for encouraging people to give it a poor rating when there's no evidence that it's being (or going to be) used for a scam.

KynloStephen66515:
I really don't get it. Why sell the site at all if you still want control over what happens to it? Once you've sold it, it's no longer your baby. Let it go.

Not to mention that I supposed it's possible that the new owner could sue Marko for disparaging him or for encouraging people to give it a poor rating when there's no evidence that it's being (or going to be) used for a scam.
-Deozaan (January 09, 2015, 12:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's too early to tell, and (for me at least) the site is small enough for it to be negligible even if the reports are to be the truth.

From what has been said so far, this looks far too strange to be true, and seeing as he still has full control of the site and it's functions...if it has been proven (by whatever evidence he may have), then why can he simply not return the money and dispute the sale...He certainly seems to be "bothered" about it enough to basically push people as far away from the website as possible...so...take that in whatever form you want to take it.

40hz:
Ok, this is starting to get soap opera surreal...

This morning, going to the FreewarBB FB link produces this:

And going to the website shows this on the landing page,

If this is a genuine pissing match, it's already getting ugly.

If it's all just an elaborate put-on...I really don't know what to think - or what the game is... :huh:

---------------------

UPDATE: FB page is back. That weirdness must have been my browser acting up. :-[

wraith808:

-Deozaan (January 09, 2015, 12:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's too early to tell, and (for me at least) the site is small enough for it to be negligible even if the reports are to be the truth.

From what has been said so far, this looks far too strange to be true, and seeing as he still has full control of the site and it's functions...if it has been proven (by whatever evidence he may have), then why can he simply not return the money and dispute the sale...He certainly seems to be "bothered" about it enough to basically push people as far away from the website as possible...so...take that in whatever form you want to take it.
-Stephen66515 (January 09, 2015, 01:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

If the domain has not been re-pointed, then though he doesn't have control of the domain, he does still have control of what the domain is pointed to.  He didn't sell them his servers, he sold a domain name.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version