ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

If Only Once, If Only For A Little While - Comic about loss

<< < (4/5) > >>

40hz:
More OT - that was a very sad little comic. I especially liked this panel:

That struck me as both sad and rather profound. Not too shabby for such a simple panel in a comic strip. 8)

Deozaan:
Weird. None of the images will load for me.

tomos:
Weird. None of the images will load for me.
-Deozaan (January 08, 2015, 04:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
it's loading okay here atm.

Someone close to me died last month. I didnt get to meet them that often, maybe once, or twice a year if I was lucky, but we phoned fairly regularly. It could have been a lot more difficult - they were ready to go, and it happened quickly. But I think it's always more difficult for those left behind (or maybe not).
Then my elderly neighbour across the road died, his wife seems pretty stunned. Met another elderly woman today at a small birthday party, her partner died recently after 46 years together. That must be hard - it was for her anyways. Funny, my father died a few years back, and my mum didnt find it that difficult - she felt like he was still in the house (not like as a ghost, more like a feeling, I guess).

What I wanted to say in my first post above, (but didnt), was that sometimes it's hard to let the feelings out, to express it, whatever-it-is: pain, missing, love. And that the comic helped. Thanks :up:
I find people sympathising difficult, maybe that's why I didnt write anything about this earlier. But, like with the comic, sometimes it's just gotta get out there.
'Night all.

Deozaan:
Weird. None of the images will load for me.-Deozaan (January 08, 2015, 04:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

I figured it out. All the images on that site are hosted on another domain which OpenDNS has blocked because it (the domain) is in the category of "Nudity."

I found a link to the "art tumblr" and read it there. Thanks for sharing.

TaoPhoenix:
But I think it's always more difficult for those left behind (or maybe not).
-tomos (January 08, 2015, 05:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, that's grazing THAT question again. So I think a lot of people know what side of it I am on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version