ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

How to receive donations for my software in Ukraine (without PayPal)?

(1/1)

dmytron:
I would like to create something so then to get donations for it. The most popular version is PayPal. However, PayPal DOESN'T work with Ukraine! So I ask what are some systems like PayPal that are able to send money in Ukraine. All I need is for the donators to be able to pay donations with their Visa/Mastercard. Do you know something like that?

Renegade:
Bitcoin? Litecoin? Dogecoin? They all work.

As for credit cards... I'm not really that interested in them anymore, but look at World Pay. They might work.

Edvard:
Apparently, PayPal and eBay are not cluing anybody in as to why, but I found this:
https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Selling-on-eBay/Paying-a-Seller-Based-in-The-Ukraine/td-p/805324/page/2?profile.language=en-gb
Comment #5:
I think it is not PayPal who caused this, but an outdated but still active Ukrainian law (14.10.2004 N 485 ) which forbids Residents (resident: citizens and immigrants) of Ukraine to have financial or other value based accounts opened out of country borders. So you cannot have a "money account" on your "Paypal account".
--- End quote ---

There is a petition on Change.org, but I don't know how effective those things are.
https://www.change.org/p/разрешите-получать-деньги-через-paypal-украина-paypal

That first comment is NOT going to help the cause:
Владимир Дзюбинский Одесса, UKRAINE
PP is great - we NEED it to be able to buy drugs and arms safely in Mexico and then transfer it to Ukraine via. submarines, without the risk of being busted by cops.
--- End quote ---

I have heard that there are businesses over the border that can receive PayPal payments on your behalf, and then deposit to your account, but I can't possibly recommend one over another, or vouch for the safety of such a thing.

Renegade:
PP is great - we NEED it to be able to buy drugs and arms safely in Mexico and then transfer it to Ukraine via. submarines, without the risk of being busted by cops.
--- End quote ---
-Edvard (January 04, 2015, 09:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

What a fool! That's what Darkcoin is for! :)

But seriously, that sucks not being able to even spend your own money.

TaoPhoenix:
--- End quote ---
-Edvard (January 04, 2015, 09:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

What a fool! That's what Darkcoin is for! :)

But seriously, that sucks not being able to even spend your own money.
-Renegade (January 05, 2015, 06:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

It could also be an epic troll.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version