ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Non-Windows Software

List of 40 inexpensive single-board Linux friendly computers

<< < (4/5) > >>

f0dder:
If I had a RPi2 (he he), I might consider the following:
 http://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv7/broadcom/raspberry-pi-2
-ewemoa (March 22, 2015, 06:06 PM)
--- End quote ---
Oh, Arch is still around, and there's a native arm7 version? That might actually be the perfect distro for the (relatively) limited hardware, especially if it hasn't bloated up since back when I used it.

f0dder:
One nice thing about the C1 over the RPi/2 is the gigabit ethernet. I was planning to use my C1 as a Plex media server or other Owncloud/NAS type device, and I thought having a fast connection to the network would be really useful for that.-Deozaan (March 22, 2015, 09:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
Can you hook storage to it in a way that's fast enough that gigabit matters?

Personally I'd like two see two NICs (100mbit would be fine), that would make for a very nice and capable router/firewall :)

Deozaan:
One nice thing about the C1 over the RPi/2 is the gigabit ethernet. I was planning to use my C1 as a Plex media server or other Owncloud/NAS type device, and I thought having a fast connection to the network would be really useful for that.-Deozaan (March 22, 2015, 09:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
Can you hook storage to it in a way that's fast enough that gigabit matters?-f0dder (March 27, 2015, 11:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

It has the following storage possibilities: USB 2.x, MicroSD UHS-I, and eMMC.

4wd:
Personally I'd like two see two NICs (100mbit would be fine), that would make for a very nice and capable router/firewall :)-f0dder (March 27, 2015, 11:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

USB NIC would give you the second NIC and is fast enough in most cases I would think.

f0dder:
Thanks for the recommendation, ewemoa - arch seems like a pretty good fit for the raspi2. Installation was slightly annoying, though, since there's no images available. I pondered whether I should accept running the root filesystem as vfat (since that's what I could create from my work macbook) - but ended up transferring a Ubuntu ISO to an usb pendrive, boot my old laptop from that, and get an ext4 root fs.

4wd: that would probably work, but it would be clumsy, and I've found USB to generally be somewhat fidgety when it comes to network stuff :/ - would be cool if one could exchange a block of USB ports for a NIC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version