ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Non-Windows Software

List of 40 inexpensive single-board Linux friendly computers

<< < (2/5) > >>

40hz:
Will I need to throw out past efforts and start from scratch? It's never any kind of an exact process, and predicting the future is, well... like playing the lottery.
-Renegade (January 02, 2015, 07:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Considering these little boxes run Linux and/or Android, I don't think that should be a major concern. Unless you think those operating systems will soon go away.

The people producing these little boards aren't into creating lock-in or proprietary platforms. They get the benefits of an "open" philosophy with something as generic as an SBC. They need to make their products as broadly supported and compatible with existing codebases and drivers as possible. Something that makes sense when you want to sell millions of these things. It's a volume game to provide the most capability, and the broadest level of support, at the lowest possible cost to the consumer. Think RaspberryPi. Think Arduino.
 8)

rgdot:
USB Armory seems intriguing, what's everybody's opinion about it?
-rgdot (January 02, 2015, 11:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, for me it's too small, too application-specific and too expensive compared to many of the other contenders.
I'd go for an RPi-compatible board with more horse-power, as the RPi is 'rather sluggish', to say it nicely :-[
-Ath (January 03, 2015, 04:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks  :)

Deozaan:
I think I'm going to get an Odroid-C1. Same price as RPi, and even has a 40 pin GPIO panel that is (mostly) compatible with RPi. But outperforms the RPi by about 4-6 times. :Thmbsup:

ewemoa:
So did you get one?

Deozaan:
I did get one. Though now with the Rpi2 which has similar specifications, it's much harder to choose between the two.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version