ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Non-Windows Software

List of 40 inexpensive single-board Linux friendly computers

<< < (5/5)

4wd:
ArkOS have stated they'll update their distro to use the RasPi2 when they get their hands on it.

Currently supports:

* Beaglebone Black
* Cubieboard2
* Cubietruck
* ODROID U-Series
* Raspberry Pi

ewemoa:
Installation was slightly annoying, though, since there's no images available. I pondered whether I should accept running the root filesystem as vfat (since that's what I could create from my work macbook) - but ended up transferring a Ubuntu ISO to an usb pendrive, boot my old laptop from that, and get an ext4 root fs.
-f0dder (March 31, 2015, 01:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for reporting back on your success :)

Perhaps your work-around for getting an ext4 root fs is less trouble than trying to achieve the same end with something like VirtualBox (possibly with its extension pack).

ewemoa:
ArkOS have stated they'll update their distro to use the RasPi2 when they get their hands on it.
-4wd (March 31, 2015, 06:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hadn't heard of that -- looks pretty interesting!  Thanks for sharing.

f0dder:
Perhaps your work-around for getting an ext4 root fs is less trouble than trying to achieve the same end with something like VirtualBox (possibly with its extension pack).-ewemoa (April 02, 2015, 03:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, VirtualBox probably supports raw device access (vmware certainly does), but that would still have required a Linux install - might as well see how current-gen Ubuntu runs on my old laptop :) (runs pretty decently, but still can't resume from standby... *sigh*)

ewemoa:
Although raw device access seems like it might work, I was thinking one might boot some live iso image in VirtualBox (or equivalent), create an ext4 fs image via the booted virtual environment, copy/share the resulting image to the host OS and use the likes of dd [1] to write the result to an SD card.

Booting up another machine might be simpler and quicker ofc -- but if one really didn't want to reboot... ;)

[1] IIRC, there are various implementations of dd for Mac OS X, Windows, etc.  But I take it you're quite aware of that sort of thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version