ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2015

NANY 2015 Release - Splat (Simple Program Launching and Termination)

<< < (26/33) > >>

ScreenManiac:
Dunno. My UAC is in full armor - so it may well be the reason for it.
Anyway, like I said, no showstopper, just wondered if there was an easy cure. If not, no worries, can live with it.

tomos:
I report this in case: (1) with apologies if reported already, and (2) I think it might be a problem with how AHK works with window display i.e. unfixable.

To reproduce:

* Resize e.g. first column smaller -- so as text not all readable
* Resize window height - [the columns auto-resize to text width]
* Resize first column again
Splat freezes, (has to be killed)

skwire:
I report this in case: (1) with apologies if reported already, and (2) I think it might be a problem with how AHK works with window display i.e. unfixable.-tomos (November 20, 2015, 07:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, this is a bug that has haunted me forever when using toolbars in my AHK apps.  It doesn't happen all the time nor does it happen on all systems.  For instance, I just tried your steps listed below and it didn't hang.  Basically, it's a WM_NOTIFY messaging queue issue.  I have spent hours trying to fix it and have made some headway during that time but I've never been fully able to solve it.  Very frustrating.

That said, there is a way to get around having to kill Splat.  If it happens again, alt-tab away from Splat, minimise it via the taskbar, and then focus it again.  It should be responsive at this point.

tomos:
^ Thanks skwire :up:

n8wachT:
Guess what.!

This week SPLAT made it into the dutch magazine ''Computer Idee.'' Not sure if you are good with the language, but
uploaded the .pdfs anyway  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version