ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2015

NANY 2015 Release - Splat (Simple Program Launching and Termination)

<< < (25/33) > >>

AtmanActive:
Yes, that's one way to do it.

Thank you very much for your speedy support.

But, there is a case where this approach would let down Splat's user: when roaming on a USB stick.
If I do create a shortcut to a profile on my machine, and then take my Portable Software setup to my brother's computer, run Splat there to help me launch what I need, that profile wouldn't launch automatically as he doesn't have that shortcut in his windows.

So, although this solution does a job in most scenarios (and I suspected that Splat has a command line option to run a profile), still I would vote for Splat's internal function to do that, as in that case it makes it completely portable.

Thanks.

Cheers!

ScreenManiac:
Run process only if its not running does not work in a bunch of cases
 - for some programs running silently in the background, such as http://www.listary.com/text-editor-anywhere
 - for chm or pdf files; if already open, it will attempt to open them again in the same default application, which - depending on the application, results in yet another read-only copy, or in an error message

skwire:
Run process only if its not running does not work in a bunch of cases
 - for some programs running silently in the background, such as http://www.listary.com/text-editor-anywhere-ScreenManiac (August 19, 2015, 02:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm...seems to work here.   :huh:

- for chm or pdf files; if already open, it will attempt to open them again in the same default application, which - depending on the application, results in yet another read-only copy, or in an error message-ScreenManiac (August 19, 2015, 02:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Correct.  I should add a disclaimer to the help file that the "Run if not running" command only relates to the actual executable process itself.  That is, there is not a reliable way to tell if a given file or URL is already open in an application.  Yes, sometimes that information is within the titlebar text but not nearly always.

ScreenManiac:
Thanks for the quick reply, skwire,

hm, don't know what to say, maybe because I run the portable version?

No big deal, I can click away the pop-ups.

When I don't specify a specific chm-file, but just fire up the kchmviewer, it tries to launch another instance and I also get an error. But again, no showstopper. Just wanted to let you know.

skwire:
hm, don't know what to say, maybe because I run the portable version?-ScreenManiac (August 19, 2015, 11:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

I tested with the portable version as well.   :huh:

When I don't specify a specific chm-file, but just fire up the kchmviewer, it tries to launch another instance and I also get an error. But again, no showstopper.
-ScreenManiac (August 19, 2015, 11:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm, this program works for me as well.  It might be important to note that I run my account as administrator with UAC disabled.  Maybe that makes a difference?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version