ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2015

NANY 2015 Release - Splat (Simple Program Launching and Termination)

<< < (16/33) > >>

BGM:
Uh, one more idea...

When you edit an entry,  allow for drag and drop of files and folders into each of the text boxes.

skwire:
1. add a notes column for the entries so I can remember why I added an entry and why its in that position-BGM (February 03, 2015, 11:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Added in the latest release.

2. save the launch log file for each launch profile so when I restart the program I can see what has been done and what hasn't  (since you aren't interested in adding checkboxes) - this "history" would display when the program is restarted
 3. Add an option to the Launch Profile to display the last log or start a new one  (there *is* an option already in the program options to "Clear log before each profile launch" - but mine isn't checked and the launch log for the profile is always empty when I restart the program... 1.1.0 build 1)
 4. Option in the menu to clear the launch log for the selected launch profile-BGM (February 03, 2015, 11:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Currently, the launch log is not saved at all (per-profile or otherwise).  I need to think this over more before I decide if I want to make any changes regarding it.

I need to install a whole bunch of Windows Update files - .msu files.
I really don't much relish having to add the same command entry for each file.
It would be really nice if Splat had a batch command so I could run the same command on *each* file in a folder.-BGM (February 04, 2015, 09:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'll add this to the request list but don't hold your breath.  Perhaps mouser's Drag + Drop Robot might be of use in this case?

https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/dragdrop/

Website | Download
v1.1.3 - 2015-02-03
    Added "Notes" column to the Entries list.  (Thanks, BGM)

BGM:
Thanks for listening, Jody; I'll try out Mouser's drag-n-drop robot.  But seeing as you are coding in autohotkey, it would be so easy to add a batch run.
I mean that in the Action dropdown for "Action" in "Edit Entry" panel, to add another item called "Batch Run"

Action:    Batch Run
Target:    c:\windows\system32\wusa.exe
Batch Directory:  G:\WindowsUpdates\Security Updates
Batch Target:  *.msu
Arguments: /quiet /norestart
Working Directory:
Log Each Batch Run:  true

Just in case you didn't understand what I meant by all that - this is what I mean:

--- Code: Autohotkey ---if(!file.exist(%target%) ){        alert("Sorry Folks, but " . %target% . " does not seem to exist`rwe cannot proceed","error",apptitle)        gosub, EXIT}else{          Loop, %batch_dir%\%batch_target%,0,1        {                run, %target% "%A_LoopFileFullPath%" %arguments%        }}

The log files are only useful if you intend to accomplish everything in one session.  But there are some tasks that require several sessions in which case the log becomes rather useless.

Thanks for the notes column!

miva2:
Skwire, you're a hero! :Thmbsup:
This is exactly what I was looking for.
Down to the pre and post game settings and all!

Edit: Solved!
SpoilerOne problem though. My profiles and actions don't seem to be saved at all. Is there a savebutton I am missing?
I assumed it would save automatically.
Profiles stay until I close Splat but the actions within them get reset even when I select a different profile.
Actions also get reset when right clicking the profile.

I just tried actually running a profile and it doesn't seem to start anything.
The log says "Launching profile: Work     Profile launch complete: Work".
I dropped a lnk from my desktop onto the action part. It got correctly filled in but doesn't do anything when running the profile.
I tried running both with the button on top, the keyboard shortcut and with rightclick > Launch profile (which removes the action field).

I am running on a Windows 7 Dell Latitude E6540 from work.
Could I have something that prevents splat from running?
Or am I just missing a step in creating and running profiles.
I had to save it outside of program files. Works perfectly fine!

Suggestion:
It would be nice if the columns automatically resize to take the space available. It's kind of silly to see only the first few letters of the action on the selected profile following by a lot of space.
Nothing too important but it's a nice to have ;D

Thanks for your hard work and I look forward to actually using it! using it right now!  ;D

skwire:
This is exactly what I was looking for.-miva2 (February 06, 2015, 04:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Good to hear.  I'm glad you find it useful.

Edit: Solved!I had to save it outside of program files. Works perfectly fine!-miva2 (February 06, 2015, 04:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you want to run it within that folder, just run it with administrator rights.

It would be nice if the columns automatically resize to take the space available.-miva2 (February 06, 2015, 04:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, crap.  For some reason, I had that option commented out in my code.  I added it back in.  Here you go:

Website | Download
v1.1.4 - 2015-02-07
    Added "Auto-size list columns" option.  (Thanks, miva2)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version