ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2015

NANY 2015 Release - Splat (Simple Program Launching and Termination)

<< < (15/33) > >>

sifu99:
Thanks, guys. That worked.

I can set up simple 1 to 1 hotkeys, but trying to combine them escapes me.
Example: I set up Shift+Win+G to open Gmail & Shift+Win+A to open Amazon.com. Both work fine.
I tried Shift+Win+Z as a Combo to do both:
  1st I don't know whether the hotkey goes in Filename or Arguments column, so I tried both. Neither worked. OK, probably faulty commands then.
  2nd I don't know the syntax for hotkeys in Splat system, I tried {shift}{win}G & {win}G
  Every variation I try gets the error message: "not launched successfully. ErrorLevel: 2"

I am evidently on the wrong track, so will await enlightenment.
Thanks.

skwire:
Thanks, guys. That worked.-sifu99 (February 01, 2015, 03:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Good to hear.

I can set up simple 1 to 1 hotkeys, but trying to combine them escapes me.
Example: I set up Shift+Win+G to open Gmail & Shift+Win+A to open Amazon.com. Both work fine.-sifu99 (February 01, 2015, 03:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

I assume you set up each in a separate profile, right?  Something like this:

I tried Shift+Win+Z as a Combo to do both:
  1st I don't know whether the hotkey goes in Filename or Arguments column, so I tried both. Neither worked. OK, probably faulty commands then.
  2nd I don't know the syntax for hotkeys in Splat system, I tried {shift}{win}G & {win}G
  Every variation I try gets the error message: "not launched successfully. ErrorLevel: 2"-sifu99 (February 01, 2015, 03:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

You can only hotkey a profile.  That is, you cannot hotkey individual entries so I'm not sure what you're doing here.  If you want to run two URLs with one hotkey, you can assign that hotkey to each profile like this:

Or, if you want to maintain your original separate hotkeys for each URL, then you can create a third profile with the Ctrl+Z hotkey that calls the first two profiles like this:

Or, you could do it like this:

Does this help to clear things up?

sifu99:
Does this help to clear things up?

--- End quote ---
Yes, perfectly clear. I had thought the profile was just a "container" for the hotkey & that the latter was the "action building block." I had it backward.

Thanks so much for clearing that up.

BGM:
I have a couple humble requests:

1. add a notes column for the entries so I can remember why I added an entry and why its in that position
 2. save the launch log file for each launch profile so when I restart the program I can see what has been done and what hasn't  (since you aren't interested in adding checkboxes) - this "history" would display when the program is restarted
 3. Add an option to the Launch Profile to display the last log or start a new one  (there *is* an option already in the program options to "Clear log before each profile launch" - but mine isn't checked and the launch log for the profile is always empty when I restart the program... 1.1.0 build 1)
 4. Option in the menu to clear the launch log for the selected launch profile

BGM:
Ah - one more idea.

I need to install a whole bunch of Windows Update files - .msu files.
I really don't much relish having to add the same command entry for each file.
It would be really nice if Splat had a batch command so I could run the same command on *each* file in a folder.
Then I could just have a single commandline entry and use a filemask like *.msu to run the command on all the files.
Something like:

Action:  Batch Run
Target:  c:\windows\system32\wusa.exe
Batch Directory:  G:\WindowsUpdates\Security Updates
Batch Target:  *.msu
Arguments: /quiet /norestart
Working Directory:
Log Each Batch Run:  true

It would display execution of each command in the log.
Right now I have to write scripts and have splat execute a script - but then I have to program something to get confirmation they were all executed....

(if anyone needs to do this, I wrote a simple application that will run wusa on every .msu file in a directory and its subdirectories)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version