ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2015

NANY 2015 Release - Splat (Simple Program Launching and Termination)

<< < (10/33) > >>

skwire:
I do have a suggestion, though.
What if you don't want a hotkey for the profile?  I think there should be an option for "none" in the hotkey editor.-BGM (January 14, 2015, 10:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Right-click the profile and select "Clear launch hotkey" from the menu.

Also, if you click on the hotkey column and push F2, I think it should open the hotkey editor.-BGM (January 14, 2015, 10:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Traditionally, F2 is used for renaming and will remain so in Splat.  That said, a different hotkey is easy to add.  F4, perhaps?

Another idea; I would want to see a place for a description for the profile.  Maybe a third column in the profile listview or better, an edit panel that changed depending on which profile you click on.-BGM (January 14, 2015, 10:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm...not sold on this idea.

One more - another column in the action listview for description.-BGM (January 14, 2015, 10:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've tried to make the Action column very descriptive based on parameters set.  Is there really a need for another description-related column?  Honest question...I'm not trying to be a hard-ass.  It's just that I want to keep Splat's interface as simple as possible.  I like applications that don't REQUIRE you read a help file to figure out.  Therefore, I try to write all my apps with this paradigm in mind.

And it would be very convenient to be able to stop any sound-clip playing, especially if you either have it wait to finish playing, or have selected a very long sound-clip.-Ath (January 15, 2015, 01:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, a playing sound can be stopped.  So, the only problem here is "how" do you stop it?  Via hotkey?  A button on the main form?  I'm not sure I'm happy with either.  I need to think about this some more.

Website | Download
v1.0.5 - 2015-01-14
    + Added "Launch state" option to the Run action.  (Thanks, Ganamyde)
    * More detail in the Launch Log for Run events.
    ! Editing a "Run (even if running)" event didn't pre-set the radio button
      properly.  (Thanks, Ganamyde)

hamradio:
And it would be very convenient to be able to stop any sound-clip playing, especially if you either have it wait to finish playing, or have selected a very long sound-clip.-Ath (January 15, 2015, 01:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, a playing sound can be stopped.  So, the only problem here is "how" do you stop it?  Via hotkey?  A button on the main form?  I'm not sure I'm happy with either.  I need to think about this some more.
-skwire (January 15, 2015, 11:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Would a stop audio file action where you could add a wait # of seconds before the stop action to tell it how many seconds it should play for work?...or a couple vars with the play file action that allows you to specify start and end time of the play based on how long the sound is. :)

skwire:
Would a stop audio file action where you could add a wait # of seconds before the stop action to tell it how many seconds it should play for work?...or a couple vars with the play file action that allows you to specify start and end time of the play based on how long the sound is.-hamradio (January 15, 2015, 11:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Good idea.  However, there won't be a separate "seconds to wait" option for the Audio action since you can already insert a wait using the Wait/delay action.

hamradio:
Would a stop audio file action where you could add a wait # of seconds before the stop action to tell it how many seconds it should play for work?...or a couple vars with the play file action that allows you to specify start and end time of the play based on how long the sound is.-hamradio (January 15, 2015, 11:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Good idea.  However, there won't be a separate "seconds to wait" option for the Audio action since you can already insert a wait using the Wait/delay action.
-skwire (January 15, 2015, 11:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thats the one I was talking about anyway. :)

skwire:
Added:

Website | Download
v1.0.6 - 2015-01-14
    * Revamped the Play audio file action.  Added a "stop playback" option.
      (Thanks, Ath & hamradio)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version